Ch.35- Temporary Goodbyes

Someshwar's Pov

The speed of the car was neither slow nor very fast, yet it seemed as if time was slipping like sand in front of my love's eyes.

Maybe that's why she's hiding her face from me now. She hasn't uttered a word till now. This girl has no interest in wearing glasses. Today she has taken the help of glasses to form a curtain for her eyes to stay hidden.

I held her hand and placed it close to my chest and kept waiting for how long she would remain facing away from me. She might be angry as to why I left her alone in the middle of the night. She also said that she was not feeling alright with anything. But I believe that you should face this fear of yours too, Tara. 

We are elated to be with each other, our love has given us so much happiness,so many memories that we will cherish in future. But this love cannot become her weakness. I can't let that happen. She has learned so much alone, there is no need for her to depend on anyone.

"Aise Vida karogi mujhe? Bina ek shabd kahe, Bina ek baar bhi apna chehra dikhaye...aise toh tum mujhe jeete jee mar-"

(Will you send me away like this? Without saying a word, without showing your face even once...this is how you will kill me as long as I am alive-)

Knew it. I knew that you would not let these words slip out of my mouth, so she placed her  hand on my lips. I slowly removed her hand and took off her glasses.

Her eyes had gone red and puffy. Evidently, even in this moment she wanted to let go and shed those tears that she had been holding back. God knows what fears have been fed to her by this world, so much so that in the process of fighting those fears, she has become too exhausted.

"Main na utha ke wapis Ghar le jaungi zyada bole toh!"

(Say such things again and I will pick you up and take you back home!)

She spoke towards me in an angry voice. She wanted to say it rudely but couldn't and I laughed at her actions.

"Do whatever comes to your mind but don't sit quietly like this. Look at me, talk to me... I told you not to turn your back on me and you, what are you doing now?"

As soon as I said that,she hugged me. But stubbornness is still as resilient. She hasn't given up on this battle with her tears, she still held them back. I don't know how she's doing so... she's sensitive. It is the hardest task for her, to be in control of her emotions.

"I am going to meet Aakarshan sir, for you."

I could no longer keep that a secret. If I don't inform her about this what she's going to do is, send her whole army with me for the sake of my protection.  And In my absence she will ignore her own health.

She raised her head, looked me in the eye and said

"Aakarshan Sir?"

I nodded my head in a yes and remained silent until she continued.

"But, where is he? How is he? No one knows all this, so… how did you manage to get a chance to meet him?"

"Why? Do you think you are the only one who is stubborn? I am also learning from my future wife. Come on, now give  me that beautiful smile?"

Mere Dil ki baat zuban par kya aayi usne jung-e-maidan mein haar kar Jeet apni, aansu qubul liye.

As the words of my heart came to the tongue, she surrendered to the battle field of overflowing emotions, and welcomed her victory in form of tears that flowed down her eyes. But the light smile that touched her lips...as if she had teased the strings of my heart.