Ch.40- Is This It?

Author's pov

Back at home where Ridhi and Robin were mentally exhausted from the whole day, Ridhi made coffee for both of them. Robin pretended that he was resting for the sake of Ridhi but his mind was still racing.

Ridhi took a sip of coffee and closed her eyes and rested her head on the sofa. But just then, a thought struck Robin. 

He forcefully placed his cup on the table and ran to his phone. Ridhi got scared for a moment due to his sudden movement. Robin looked very worried and apprehensive.

"Hey, Bhai calm down, what happened? Whom are you calling?"

She asked running after him.

His breath was unsteady, as if he was breathing with difficulty. Sweat beads glistening on his forehead.

"Someshwar."

He replied, Someshwar didn't answer his call. He grew even more restless after this but he still kept calling his number.

"They both probably won't pick up the phone, Bhai. Because of their date. What's the matter, why are you so worried?"

"Because it is important to tell him everything, Riddhi. Before Karan tells him anything, we have to tell him."

He didn't answer his second call either. Robin got frustrated, he wanted to smash his phone on the floor but he couldn't. He kept moving around in the room, continuously calling Someshwar. Ridhi was puzzled by the situation so he began to explain to her.

" Tarini's wealth is not his target because he will inherit that from Mr.Thakur anyway . He did all this so that he could break Tarini emotionally and hurt her.

We were all left wondering what he would do against Tarini....He knows that Tarini is as secure in her career as she is physically and mentally strong but she is equally emotionally sensitive when it comes to family & loved ones. I can't let this happen. 

We both have seen her in situations in which Someshwar would not even be able to see her."

Still no answer. Robin was now spitting curse words in anger. Ridhi tried to put the bits of pieces together but she denied accepting the picture that formed in her brain after listening to Robin.

"Aap ye kehna chah rahe ho ke k-karan Tarini ke a-ag-against , Someshwar ko istemal karne ke liye…?"

Ridhi stuttered as her anxiousness grew worse just thinking about it. Robin's actions drew to a halt as she spoke the word out. Ridhi started shivering violently. 

They heard a car come to a stop outside their house just then. Someshwar and Tarini were back. Tarini stepped out of that car with a weary expression on her face. Robin's heart sank at this sight.

Someshwar stepped out of the car and said something to Tarini, who answered by shaking her head and refused to listen. He then continued walking towards his house, not glancing back once.

Ridhi wanted to run after him and tell him everything, but Robin grasped her wrist to stop her.

"Wait, don't go now. We don't know what exactly happened. We have to handle the situation carefully."

Tarini followed Someshwar. When he rang the doorbell, Krisha excitedly opened the door for them.

Tarini's pov

We sat in deafening silence for the entire ride. I tried asking him questions from time to time, but he never answered them. He was clearly restraining himself. 

When we returned, he told me to go to my house, but I refused. I need to know what is bothering him. I followed him to the door, which Krisha opened with a cheery smile.