1. Fetch

Tabbris walked into the office with a smug smile on his face. He had done it again. Captured another one. He walked briskly keeping his long, silver blade pointed firmly into the back of some low level who had stepped out of line. The man fidgeted nervously as they approached the sleek, glass desk in the center of the room. It was a familiar sight for Tabbris.

The room was plain. It was white with glass doors and windows. Everything was made for efficiency though it was still stylish in a modern way. There was only one other person in the room. The dark haired woman sat up straight and solemn faced in the chair behind the desk. She wore a black suit that fit snuggly to her body and kept her hair pulled back in a tight bun.

"Good work, Tabbris," the woman said, "as usual. Take him to the back to recieve his punishment."

"Naomi," he nodded to her and began to guide the prisoner to the only door that wasn't glass.

"I didn't do anything wrong," the prisoner exclaimed anxiously.

"Don't worry, it will be over soon," Naomi assured him.

Tabbris had the prisoner open the door and roughly shoved him through. On the other side of the door was a padded white chair that looked like it could belong in a dentist's office. Next to it sat a shinny metal table covered with various tools. The prisoner backed away from it wide eyed.

"What is going on?" he asked alarmed.

Tabbris grabbed his arm and practically threw him in the chair. Then he quickly strapped down the man's arms and legs.

"Don't give me any trouble," Tabbris warned coldly and cut a shallow gash into the man's arm. "This can be extremely easy or extremely fun. You decide."

The man made a small noise of surprise at the cut and blue light could be seen coming from it. Tabbris didn't know much about the 'man.' All he really knew was that the angel's name was Daniel and he had been rebelling to a certain extent. That was all Tabbris needed to know. He did what he was told.

Tabbris turned away from his victim and picked up a small drill from the table. He looked it over carefully to make sure it was still in good condition. Then he turned it on and pressed it to Daniel's temple. He applied pressure until it went past skin and bone and into the brain. Daniel screamed out in pain. It was the worst sound in the world. However, it didn't affect Tabbris. Not anymore. He was used to it, and he was very good at reprogramming.

He fiddled around with the drill and a few of the long, metal needles and suddenly Daniel stood erect and expressionless. His eyes were blank. After a few more minutes of fiddling, it was done. Tabbris removed the drill and the needles and let Daniel slump down in the seat. He was fixed. Brain wiped, washed, and essentially, reprogrammed. He was their's. Tabbris unstrapped him and touched his shoulder teleporting him back into Naomi's office fully awake and confused. She sorted the rest out.

He waited a few minutes, standing motionlessly behind the solid door between reprogramming and the front office. When he no longer heard voices, he stepped out of the room and back into the office. He walked calmly in front of the desk and waited silently for his next assignment. Naomi looked up at him and tapped a pen deliberately on the desk. It sounded funny on the glass. She continued doing it long enough that Tabbris became impatient.

"Was it something I did?" Tabbris asked, certain he hadn't made a mistake.

"No," she replied absently.

There was another long silence.

Then she said, "I have an assignment for you."

"Who?"

"It's not your traditional retrieval."

He furrowed his brow, "In what way?"

"Every way."

"Okay," he said simply.

"You haven't even heard what it is."

"Doesn't matter."

She smiled, "I always liked you." She paused and continued, "I need you to get me Castiel out of Purgatory."

He balked, "Why? Why would you want that abomination back?"

Tabbris was not fond of the angel who had claimed to be God and wiped out half their race.

"Questioning me Tabbris?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him disprovingly.

"Of course I will do it," he continued. "Unhappily, but of course it will be done."

"Good. Take whoever you like with you, but get me Castiel."

"I'll get a team ready immediately."

She nodded in dismissal and Tabbris disappeared in the blink of an eye. He reappeared on Earth in a dismal warehouse that hadn't been used in ten years. It was completely empty and the floor was made of cracked and stained concrete. His footsteps echoed off the rusted metal walls as he walked to the center of the building. He smiled and got on angel radio to put a call out on the angel communication waves.

After he made the call, he stood easy, in his worn jeans and faded tee shirt, and ran a hand through his dark hair. An old habbit. He moved his hand to his jaw line and cracked it to the side with an air of impatience. He tapped his foot and rolled his broad shoulders just to do something. Normally, he would have stood motionless with his head held up intimidatingly to any who showed, but he was far too eager to think about that. Besides, it really wasn't necessary. His authority was obvious. It was written all over his face. His dark, oil spills of eyes gazed around piercingly at everything in sight with the ability to command fear out of even the strongest of angels. His rugged jaw line was always firmly set and unflinching. It screamed leadership.

Some thought he looked unproffesional, with his stubbled face, casual dress, and rage-filled demeanor. Tabbris thought it made him look dangerous. Like he was capable of anything and everything. He simply commanded attention. Not only in his vessel form, but angel as well. They would listen to him.

***

He had put out the call to any angels who wanted to help put Heaven back together again and maybe get some revenge. He had hinted at that last part hoping it might increase the turn out. In the end, ten angels appeared in the warehouse. Two he dismissed immediately as weak. The other eight he inspected carefully. They eyed him warily as he did so. He knew them all. They were good soliders for the most part. Obedient, strong, willing to risk themselves for the cause. However, Tabbris had never commanded them before. He didn't know exactly how they worked. Three were women and five were men. One of whom was Tabbris's personal friend, Ion. He was Tabbris's most trusted second in command and had worked with him for as long as he could remember. They all wore street clothes and, to any random passerby, they would seem like a group of oddly thrown together adults.

"Our assignment," Tabbris started, "is to retrieve the angel Castiel from Purgatory."

The eight's eyes widened in surprised and they started to question Tabbris.

"Quiet," Tabbris said icily. "Our job is not to ask questions. I hate Castiel as much as any of you, but orders are orders. Are we clear?"

They nodded silently in agreement.

"Let's get started then, shall we?"

He pulled up the spell from memory. It had been ingrained into his mind ever since Castiel had used it to steal the souls from Purgatory. Only a few select angels knew it. They needed to open a door to the God awful place and this was what he figured was their best shot. He gave each angel a few ingredients to collect and return with as quickly as possible. They left immediately and slowly returned one by one with their assigned items. Tabbris combined them in the correct way and began to make a symbol on the wall of the warehouse. When it was completed he stood back and said the required words.

The symbol began to glow and the other angels walked up to stand behind Tabbris. The wall where the symbol was inscribed began to cave in on itself. Metal chunks ripped off and flew into the now widening gap in the wall. The hole emitted a vortex like effect that pulled them towards it.

"Now!" Tabbris shouted over the noise of the vortex and jumped into the hole.