7. Hospital Horrors

Tabbris entered the hospital and approached the woman at the counter inside. He looked around the room uncertain of the procedures of such an establishment. It was a large open room filled with cushioned chair and sofas huddled around rectangular, wooden coffee tables. There were multiple tvs scattered about the room, and magazines on the tables that entertained the people milling or sitting about the area. The lady behind the counter looked up at Tabbris expectantly as Jennifer walked up beside him.

"Hello? Hi," Jen said smiling at the lady. "We're looking for a Dean Winchester."

"One moment, please," the woman replied pleasantly and typed on a keyboard in front of her. She looked up at the computer screen and said, "We have a Sam Winchester admitted."

"Where?" Tabbris asked.

He glanced behind the woman nervously. There were others here already. He could sense them.

"I'm sorry, unless you're family I cannot disclose that information," she replied.

He didn't have time for this. He needed to get to the Winchesters first. So he went into her mind. It was sort of like how they asked for acceptance into a vessel. However, this time he just went to talk.

"What's going on?" the woman asked looked at Tabbris confused. "Where are we?"

She looked around at the park they had landed in. It was a beautiful summer day and children were running around laughing and playing.

"This is just a good memory for you," Tabbris replied.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I am an angel."

"Am I dead?"

"No, I need your help. I need to find Sam Winchester," Tabbris urged.

"Third floor, room 312," she said gazing off at a particular child in the park.

Tabbris nodded and snapped out.

The receptionist woman shook her head and looked around confused. Less than a millisecond had actually passed. Jen didn't even know Tabbris had been gone. Tabbris paid no attention to the flummoxed receptionist and pulled Jen over to a sign that read elevator. He pressed the up arrow button and stared intently at the silver doors.

"Where are we going?" Jen asked.

"Third floor, room 312," Tabbris replied just as the elevator doors opened.

They stepped in and she asked, "Why there?"

"Sam," he said pressing the button for the third floor.

Just as the doors opened again, the fire alarm sounded. Tabbris heard breaking glass and the piercing ringing of the alarm only increased. Jen turned back to the elevator in a lame attempt to escape, but it was locked down. They were here, Tabbris knew it.

Three twelve was to his right.

He walked out into the hallway as he heard someone yell, "Everybody out! Get out! Now!"

Doctors, nurses, and a few others rushed past Tabbris running and slipping through the broken glass that littered the hall. Tabbris saw the broken windows and felt a gust of air blow in from the outside. He turned to face the hallway to find Dean Winchester yelling near the fire alarm. He looked just as he had when Castiel had repeatedly murdered him. Minus the blood. He had short cropped hair and a hopeless expression that plagued his green eyes. Beside him a woman was laying on the ground. He bent down to help her. Tabbris watched unmoving for the moment.

"Stay there," he called back to Jen.

She nodded wide eyed.

"Hey, you got to get out of here," Dean said to the woman helping her up. "Come on."