3| Handsome Faces Makes One Weak

Solenia asked all the questions she wanted to ask to Arwin, and surprisingly, he could answer most of it.

She learnt a lot of things about the world. The primary energy used was called ‘Yujin’. They mined it from the planet’s natural condensed minerals and processed it for daily use. She also learnt another not so surprising fact.

This world made robotic suits called mecha that could be deployed as military weapons a reality, even though they were only prototypes in her previous life. They even had two types of mecha. One was the conventional mecha made of a precious metal called ‘mithril’ and the other a bio mecha made of monster remains. These were called ‘Synths’.

She also learnt about the founding history of the planet of Chaoris, the world she lived in now.

In the year of three thousand, Earth’s toxicity levels went beyond control, giving rise to highly dangerous mutated monsters called Nahz. Having no means to fight against the monsters that were soon conquering the entire planet, the ancient people made a decision to escape Earth.

Several ships went to several other planets, only to find Nahz already occupying them, but they already spent all their fuel reaching these planets. With no fuel to travel more, and no home to go back to, the humans finally chose to fight back instead of running away. Therein emerged the ancient heroes.

The new environment triggered hidden powers in the humans, their ability to perceive and their intelligence multiplying a hundredfold. However, everyone had a limit, and their ability to learn was categorized from classes C to S. With these newfound abilities, humans once again took control of the planets from the vicious Nahz who only sought destruction.

Those ancient ancestors were the people praised as heroes and gods today in the year 3036 A.E (After Earth). Their descendants receive treatment like royalty.

Chaoris developed as the first planet and was considered the capital planet among the thousands that humans colonized. It’s also the safest planet.

That was all the basic information that she could glean from Arwin without sounding too suspicious. It seemed that the boy had come from a decent family before being abandoned.

“Hey, Arwin, how old are you?” She asked, unable to hide her curiosity.

“I turned eleven this year. How old are you sis?”

“Oh, I’m nineteen.”

Arwin’s eyes widened. He definitely thought she was much older than that because of her ragged appearance and tall frame. Sol rolled her eyes at his surprise. 

“Do you want to come with me to the city tomorrow? I don’t know the way around since it’s my first time.”

Seeing Arwin hesitate, she added, “It would be dangerous for you to be here around. I saw a Nahz a few days ago.” It was true, she concluded that the rat-like monster that had attacked her when she woke up was a Nahz. 

Arwin shuddered at the word Nahz and quickly nodded. Sol smiled happily, having convinced the kid to go with her. 

She had the urge to ask why he had been abandoned, but she thought that would be insensitive and make him cry, so she held back. Thinking about that, his name seemed familiar, as if she had heard it somewhere in her previous life, but soon dismissed the idea. 

Must be because it’s a common name.’

She went out to renovate her broken wagon, using the waste oil collected from the dump to oil the chains and replacing some parts that were calling off so that she could enter the city smoothly.