5| Another Cliche Reincarnation Trope

Sol felt her whole world collapse. She staggered after seeing the news. 

‘What the hell is happening?’

She took a good look at the news, which was displayed again. The name never changed.

Ajax Von Kase.’

Her fingers trembled again. She had just gotten used to this world. But what if this place was not what it seemed?

Arwin, sensing something was wrong, held Sol’s hand and shook it. Daniel, too, frowned in worry.

“Sol, are you okay?” Daniel asked.

Sol shook her head at him.

“I- I need to sit down somewhere. I have questions to ask. Can you take me somewhere quiet, Daniel?” She pleaded. 

She held Arwin’s hand tightly. The child’s hand seemed to comfort her, but also filled her with a sense of dread. 

Daniel led her and the kid through the mall to find a quiet and empty place and ordered his bodyguard to go away. 

“What happened?” 

Sol steeled her heart.

“Is there a star named Lunium?” 

“Yes, why do you ask?” Daniel asked, puzzled.

Sol’s hopes shattered. 

“Do you know someone named Amelia Laurent? A rising Mecha engineer,” She asked again, hoping this wouldn’t be what she was thinking it might be. 

Arwin stiffened. Daniel was even more confused. Amelia Laurent was indeed a rising Mecha Engineer making her name in the industry, but only a few people who keenly noticed every change related to mecha engineering, such as himself, would know that name. 

How did Sol, a person who obviously seemed to be from the slums, know that name?

“Yes, I do know of her. She’s slowly rising to fame in the inner circles. How do you know that name, Sol?”

Sol felt helpless for the second time in her life. 

Amelia Laurent was the female lead of the book ‘Love in the Orbit’ and Ajax Von Kase, the male lead of the same novel. Lunium was the name of the star that the male lead Ajax came from.

Eris, the name of the star that was mentioned in the news, was the place the story started off from.

All these couldn’t be mere coincidences…

She thought she had just time traveled into the future. 

‘Then where the hell am I? Have I become a character in a novel?’

After going through everything in her mind, it seemed she did indeed become a nameless character in the novel she had read before her death.

Sol calmed down more easily than the time she had wrongly assumed that she time traveled.

But it still didn’t alleviate the mental shock. And so, Sol fainted abruptly and fell into the arms of Daniel, making Arwin burst out in tears.

When Sol finally woke up, she found herself in a white, high-tech hospital room. She didn’t panic since she already had an idea of how she got there, suddenly feeling embarrassed about fainting like that. 

Sol got out of the bed to search for Arwin. She had met Daniel just today, and although he seemed to be a nice person, she couldn’t trust him just like that.