4| Scammer Potential

Sol looked at Arwin, surprised. He seemed flustered, but stood his ground.

"This... Wagon, it's one of a kind. It's the only one in the whole of Starcrest City!" Arwin looked at Sol for compliments, his imaginary tail wagging.

Sol patted him on the head, ruffling his already messy black hair in the process, and looked at Danny.

"He's right," She agreed curtly. She knew for a fact that no one would own this kind of old-fashioned wagon anymore. Not even in an antique museum.

The man examined the strange brother sister duo before him, and the even stranger contraption that could almost be called an antique.

"This thing is unique... but, it doesn't have a drop of mithril. It's made of ordinary metal, which will not last long in this environment. I just said I will buy it as it's a novelty. Offering a thousand union coins is already a lot."

'Tsk, this guy is smart.'

Sol still didn't give up on scamming him.

You could use it as a way to exercise while enjoying the surrounding scenery. Offering a breath of fresh air, too."

Danny let out a snort at her words.

"I could just use a simulation for that."

She cursed the advanced technology of this world.

They both had a staring contest while the two children stared at each other fiercely, trying to imitate their respective adults.

"Did you make this on your own?" Danny finally asked, breaking the stalemate.

"Yes, I did. So three thousand union coins or nothing," Sol said resolutely. She needed at least that much if she wanted to provide shelter, food, and clothing for Arwin.

'I can live without those, but the child needs better care.'

Danny's eyes fell on the various welding joints of the wagon. He noticed that the wagon was spliced with various sheets of cheap metal, but the workmanship was great.

To the point it could almost be called art. He wondered what this young lady could achieve with mithril in her hands.

"Five thousand union coins. On one condition." He had made up his mind as he looked at the dirty child beside her. His family had money, and investing in talents wasn't a waste. It was a good deed and a deal at the end of the day.

Sol's eyes widened.

'Five thousand? Really?'

She was hesitant about the condition, but decided to hear him out first.

"What's the condition?"

"You have to attend a Hunter Academy. Our family will sponsor you for your education to take the entrance exams."

Danny smiled, "If you get into one of the top twenty academies, you will be paid twenty thousand unions coins per month. How does that sound?"

Sol didn't know what a hunter academy was, but she knew it must be like college. That meant that the agreement was totally in her favor, which sounded too good to be true. Was she being scammed instead of the opposite?

"What's in it for you?"

"I am simply investing in potential talents. If you turn out to be excellent, it would increase my fame and money. If you don't, I will still gain a decent worker." He shrugged.

Sol thought about it. It wasn't a bad deal, and he didn't seem like he was a scammer. She had excellent instincts for picking out those guys after dealing with them for two years.