THE BEGINNING

Away from the hustle bustle of the city, stood a beautiful small cottage like a mirage. Surrounded Lush fields of emerald green give way to a shimmering meadow of golden light. Felt like the forest was protecting some deep rooted secret of the person living there. It is a 45 minutes drive away from Mohali. Ambience felt like some royal fairy lives there.

Riya stood by the window waiting for sun to disappear and darkness to surround the place with its intermediating yet comfortable embrace so that she could escape into her fantasy.

Her days here are woven with comfort, simplicity and silence. It has been 4 years since she has been living away from her family to protect her from demons of the past. She hates pitiful emotions directed to her, so she chose to stay away from everyone, even her family. For them she is just a high school art teacher but she is a hidden secret no one knows about. She has developed a complete web of secrets which people fail to invade into.

Riya was completely lost in her thoughts, when her phone started ringing.

*

I took a deep breath to normalize her beating heart. Dad has been calling me for the last two days to attend a family get together. But I am having weird feelings about not going there. I fear the demons coming back to me. Those nightmares still haunt me. And her family would also be there. How will I face them? What will they think about me? It is really hard to face everyone.

After a long process, she finally received the call.

"Hello dadaa"

"Hello mera bacha, how are you, my baby girl."

"I am good, how are you?"

"Good, hope you come home this weekend." Mr. Arvind kapoor asked with a bit of hesitation.

"Umm I think I won't be able to make up this time. I have some work."

"Please! It was a month ago when you came last time. And it is just 15 mins drive from your place. We miss you so much. This pooja is for our family. So, I want my complete family here. You are my Laxmi. It would be incomplete without you."

Mr. Arvind is a businessman. Their company is facing financial losses. That is why they have planned this pooja.

"I know dad. I will. Please don't be sad."

"Thanks princess, you are my bravest girl."

"Umm... I will call you later"

"Okay! Baby, see you tomorrow."

I don't know how I am going to do this but I will have to.

Arjun...

The morning sun filters through the curtains of Arjun's modest home, casting a warm glow over the simple furnishings of his room. As he stirs from sleep, memories of the past flood his mind, intertwining with the present in a bittersweet symphony of emotions. Her absence looms large, a silent presence that haunts every corner of the house they once shared.

He always avoided coming back to Punjab. Her memories are all around. That still haunts him. Maya's absence has left him all alone and silent. He is living away from his family, mourning something he promised to Cherise all his life.

As he walks, memories of the past drift through Arjun's mind like ghosts from another time. He recalls childhood summers spent playing in the fields with his siblings, laughter echoing through the air as they chased each other through the grass. He remembers the warmth of his mother's embrace and the strength of his father's guiding hand.

But amidst the ache of loss, there lingers a flicker of hope-a glimmer of Maya's spirit that refuses to be extinguished. Arjun draws strength from her memory, her unwavering belief in the power of love and resilience echoing in his heart. He knows that Maya would want him to carry on, to find purpose and meaning in the face of adversity.

Leaving memories behind he stepped down to meet his family. His Father: Rajesh Malhotra sitting there with all his grace.

Priya Malhotra and Sanjay Malhotra - his uncle and aunt,

Devendra Malhotra, Kavita Malhotra - his grandparents, Everyone was sitting in the dining hall.

"Good morning all", Arjun

"Good morning beta", Rajesh Sharma

One by one Arjun greeted everyone present there.

"'I am so happy to see you here. The whole family is together and having breakfast together feels like some dream now. I hope you won't go back now." Kavita said, getting emotional. She couldn't hold herself seeing her grandson after years. Devendra hugged his wife to console her.

" Don't worry Dadi, I am not going anywhere now." Arjun

"That's great, finally I can give all my duties to my son and retire peacefully." Rajesh .

"Umm..... where is mom and everybody else." This is the conversation he has been trying to avoid because he thinks himself unworthy of his father's blooming business. Although he is well known for his work and perfection. For him, It is more the source to keep himself sane, to get rid of those haunted memories.

" Arjun, I am very happy today. Finally my son is back. and now i won't let you go" Meera said entering the dining hall. She is the one Arjun is closest to his mother.

He stood up and hugged his mommy tightly. Which she returned equally.

"Bahiiiiiii......"the voice of his siblings echoed in the whole mansion. Aryan - son of Rajesh and Meera, Ritu and Arman- kids of Priya and Sanjay. They tightly hugged their brother, forbidding entry of oxygen into his lungs.

"We all are angry with you and you will have to make up with us. Got it." All said in Unisom.

"Okay , let's go shopping and I am taking you all for lunch too"

This is the best thing in the world to prey on their brother's money. They were so happy.

Breakfast continued with the same enthusiasm and energy.

Arjun was about to leave the mansion when Meera stopped him.

"We are invited for pooja by Mr. Arvind Ahuja and his family. Be on time and best of luck for the day ."

Arjun felt a wave of emotion listening to his mother. Ahuja's are there close friends and Maya's .......

Aryan's voice bought of out of his imaginary world and they left for office.

Let's see what happens next. Time holds the greatest power.