shelter

Ramadan Mubarak

If you haven't prayed your salah please pray this book can wait but your salah can't

Happy reading..

Third person p.o.v

" Have you lost your mind Farhan ? How could you bring that man here? " Aamal followed her husband to her bedroom . The moment she saw Haider and INAYA outside the living-room .

" Will you keep it down , they can hear you " Farhan gritted out .

" And you think I care " Aamal snapback .

" They were shivering under the rain , what do you expect me to do to let them die ?" Farhan's voice raised a little .

" Besides , I don't think Haider is like before, " Farhan whispers, glancing at Aamal .

" You don't know what he did to me " Aamal closes her eyes remembering the dreaded night where Haider almost lost his humanity and showed her…his worst side .

" See… There is an empty room upstairs … They can live there as our tenants. I am living tomorrow. I cannot live with you all alone in a new city.. if they both will be here I would be in peace to know you are safe " Farhan holds both her arms gently trying to make her understand .

" Fine but… if he misbehaves with me that I will call the cops. " Aamal threatened cutely while Farhan couldn't help but pull her into a gentle hug smiling .

" You know them? " Inaya asks, looking around the cosy house, then her eyes stop at Haider, who is just gazing at the floor like it's the most interesting thing in the world .

Her eyes squinted, finding him very suspicious " Haider…… "She dragged his name cutely. Do you by chance know the lady who is shouting inside at her husband for being polite and offering us a roof ?" Sarcasm dripped from her mouth like water .

Haider let out a frustrated sigh , there are so many things going on in his mind like if it weren't for Inaya he would rather die than take help from Farhan but knowing his self respect might cost Inaya health he had to take his offer .

" For the sake of God , will you be quiet for 10 minutes? " Haider looked up with a hopeful gaze .

Inaya blink " don't you think 10 minutes is -"

" Five minutes just five minutes, " Haider began, giving her a tight smile .

" Okay " Inaya agreed happily, waiting for the couple to come .

" Haider " Farhan came out with Aamal who is still not very pleased .

" We are also new in this city and there is a room upstairs which has separate stairs and gate if you want… we can rent that room to you "

Before Haider could say Inaya jump happily " that's great , we would love too.. you know we are also very new here and …" she was blabbering like Farhan is her long lost bestie when Haider clasped her mouth before she spoke more .

" Thank you so much. I really appreciate the moment I find a new place we will leave, " Haider said hurriedly, taking Inaya out of Aamal's sight , who was just then weird .

" Who is she ?" She whispered to herself .

Inaya p.o.v

" Ummhpp" I tap his hand desperately away from my mouth . Realising he is still dragging me with my mouth clamp shut .

" Finally…I am breathing " I fell on the floor dramatically as soon as he released me .

" You are 24/7 non-stop drama queen, you know that right, " he said entering our new house .

" And you are 24/7 rude" I rolled my eyes while getting up .

" Are we going to stay here? " I said entering the room.

" I know it's a small space sorry " I turn around to see him avoid eye contact .

" Still it's beautiful " I clap my hands excited " you know what Granny says… it's not the big house it's the solace of heart we call home ''

" Home '' I heard him say this word holds an emptiness in his life .

" You get fresh …I will bring something for us to eat  " he said walking out of the room.

" Does this villian ever smile? " I wonder .

I heard a knock on the door " Assalamualaikum " I turn around to see the same gentleman who let us live here

" Walekum assalam and thank you so much for letting us live here " I said feeling grateful .

He smiled " Mentioned not I just came to fix that bulb " he pointed at the bulb on the ceiling .

" Ohh you don't have to… give it to me I will do it " I took that bulb from him.

'' Are you sure?  It's high  " we both look up at the bulb once again .

" Oh don't worry I just look short height I know how to do big things " I praise myself . " I mean you I use to change all the bulb-"

" Farhan !"  We both turned at the voice and the woman who interrupted me .

She glare my way but I just smiled politely " Assalamualaikum I didn't meet you earlier my name is -"

" The dinner is ready Farhan , please come down fast " and she left.

" Ookay……"

" She seems very nice " I smile at her poor husband who looks a little embarrassed .

He scratch his forehead " Trust me she is "

" Farhan !"

" COMING !" He hurriedly left .

I look at the bulb in my hand shaking my head in disappointment " couple these days "

I look around in search of a chair or some tool " Got it !" I cheer happily .

Dragging the chair to its place I got up and ready to show some engineering skills just then I heard his panic filled voice .

" What the hell are you doing " just as a clue my leg slipped and I was about to fall down , screaming to escape my lips . Haider ran to catch me but we both fell on the floor .

Okay no he fell on the floor and I fell on top of him .

" For once can you live peacefully for once '' Haider grunt in pain .

" I am so sorry " I mumbled, feeling bad for his back .

I tried to get up but fell on him again . A gasp escaped my lips as I realised how close we were. Our face was an inch away . Our lips almost touch. We both didn't move , surprisingly Haider didn't move.

" I am sorry I was rude -" The woman barged in and everything happened so fast like Haider stood up at jet speed pushing me away .

The women look flush and shocked too .

" Aamal it's not what it look like " Haider justify much to my surprise but the girl pay no heed to him and look my way .

" I am so sorry I barge in like that …I just came to apologise for my earlier behaviour . We would be happy if you join us for dinner " with that she left not once glancing at Haider way .

Who looks for the first time heartbroken . Almost tears in his eyes .

Does he know her ?

__________________________________

How was the chapter?? Did you like the Aamal and Haider encounter ? Do you think I am going to spice up things more ?

To know more and stay connected with this book please follow my Instagram I'd secretwriter1396 .