Chapter 3: Let's Go Racing

Start from 0:58

We're gonna stand on top

With our hands in the sky!
Gonna raise our cup to the stadium lights
For the glory! (For the glory!)

The cars approached the first bend and as they passed, it was almost a blur of multiple colors.

For the glory! (For the glory!)

Jeremy: And what a start! SMG4 and Mario fight it out for the lead as they head down the main straightaway.

We celebrate with the city tonight!

In the back, one of the international racers, a man from Scotland named Jim Clark in the number 5 car and racing for Lotus, was catching up to Bowser.

Richard: And here comes Jim Clark, one of the most famous racing drivers of all time! Let's see if he still has the skill to beat his younger opponents.

Hear the hometown cheer
It's the ultimate high!

Bowser spotted Clark coming and tried to get in front of him to cut him off, but the latter dodged and floored it, passing the Koopa King and leaving him in the dust.

For the glory! (For the glory!)
We do it for the glory! (For the glory!)

SMG4 and Mario fought it out for the lead as the racers drove onto the Silica City suspension bridge. On the second lap, everyone with an F1 car had to slow down for the dirt section due to their cars not having enough grip while the other drivers could keep their foot down.

Yeah, we've waited
For our time to come

Scout was able to absolutely fly with his car due to it being designed for rally racing.

Calculated everything we've done
We've upgraded
Now you can't outrun a champion
(Now you're facin' one!)

Tari put her foot down and soared past Scout, taking the lead.

Richard: Did you see that!? I mean, she looked intimidated when I went down to the Pits, but she's an absolute monster on the track for someone who plays video games!

James: She might have been freaked out by your midget size-

Richard: Shut up!

Can you hear them?
Yeah, it's all for us
You believe them
Yeah, it's serious
Hear the siren
We're victorious
I'm telling you
Can I get a hell yeah? (Hell yeah!)

On lap fifty, SMG4, SMG3, Mario, and Chris pulled into the Pit Lane.

SMG3: Eggdog! Gas!

Eggdog barked in response and quickly went to get SMG3 refueled while the Uganda Knuckles quickly replaced the tires. At Chris' spot, things weren't going so well.

Swag: Come on, you scrubs! Get that gas in!

Chris: Why are you not bothering with the tires?

Swag: Oh Chris, you must understand that we must win at all costs.

Chris: Swag, if we don't get the tires replaced, we are guaranteed to lose. Where's Greg anyway?

Greg, as it turned out, was placed in a corner in the tent by Swag with a cone hat that 'Dunce.'

Greg: This sucks.

SMG4 meanwhile, was getting on well with his resupply.

SMG1: We're good!

SMG4 took off from his spot. He passed Mario, who was still having his tires replaced and fuel replenished, and headed for the track.

Take a swing
I can take a hit

Jeremy: And SMG4 is the first out!

James: All he has to do is pass in front of the Safety Car and he can get his lap back.

SMG4 could see the Safety Car, a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS, leading the pack coming into view.

If we die, it's fine
We live for this
It's all for this!

SMG4 floored it and just narrowly missed the Safety Car.

We're gonna stand on top with our hands in the sky
Gonna raise our cup to the stadium lights
For the glory! (For the glory!)

His and everyone else's pit crews cheered as SMG4 took the lead once again.

We celebrate with the city tonight
Hear the hometown cheer
It's the ultimate high!
For the glory! (For the glory!)

SMG4 left the others far behind as he gained the lead. He was going to win his friends' freedom.