04

Midterms. What kind of psychotic junior high school has fifteen page midterms? Well, Kunigigaoka was one of them. Not only does it consist of high school level questions, it ranks every student based on their score. Not like you expected anything less from Principal Asano.

"What if I just skip the midterms?" you wondered, your chin buried in one hand as you remained unfocused on the studying material. All of a sudden, Korosensei appeared beside you, his face purple. "That would be very bad, L/N! You could get suspended! Now, how about I explain how to graph a hyperbola......."

As you listened to one of Korosensei's images ramble on about trigonometry and sentence structures, you sighed. The midterms were tomorrow, and you would have to spend four hours on a multiple choice exam.

"Be positive, L/N. The Kyoto overnight trip is soon, and if you get into the top 50, I'll assign your bus seat next to Karma's!" Korosensei tried to encourage.

"Really?" you exclaimed, turning to face Korosensei.

And so, you began to study.

❀*ೃ༄

To your excitement, the midterms were finally over, and the results were coming out today. The test didn't seem too hard compared to the previous years. Although there were some topics not covered by Korosensei yet, you had studied them at home in preparation for your bus seat with Karma.

However, when your teacher entered the room, his expression was unusually sullen, which contrasted against the normally gleaming smile painted across his face. Well, as sullen as his expression could be, considering he had a permanent smile on his normal expression. As he passed out the scores, your classmates grew silent, eyes full of disappointment.

Was Korosensei really going to leave E-Class? Despite the usual banter between your classmates and him, he held an exceptionally close relationship with everyone. Although you had gotten 4th place, your expression dropped as you noticed everyone else's scores.

"....This is entirely my fault. I can't even bear to face you guys after this," Korosensei muttered glumly.

Suddenly, a knife was thrown towards the blackboard, causing your teacher to yelp in surprise. Karma smirked, standing up as he walked towards the front of the classroom. 

"You sure? If you don't face us, you won't be able to see us come kill you," the red-headed boy challenged, holding his test papers up.

"Karma! I'm going into my emo phase right now, and-," Korosensei was interrupted as he saw the scores recorded on the boy's midterm papers.

"Making it a little harder won't stop me."

"You're smart too?" you exclaimed, catching the attention of Karma. "Dream guy for real."

He looked at you for a few seconds. "That reminds me, L/N got 4th place as well. You can't possibly be trying to run away just from a few measly scores, teach. What, are you scared that we'll kill you?" Karma taunted, waving his test papers in Korosensei's face.

"How did you kno-"

"I just noticed. You sit right next to me, after all," Karma replied to your comment.

"He wants you," Nakamura whispered in your ear.

"....I am not trying to run away!" Korosensei fumed, turning bright red as he waved his arms around.

"Oh? Then what?" 

Korosensei held up a tentacle. "We'll pay them back two-fold on the final exams!"