|2| Hazbin Hotel

READER

"Why are you even running a hotel anyway?"

"Hm, well, Charlie dearest seems to believe that all demon's can redeem themselves."

•••

"Hm."

Y/N stared at the tall male.

She didn't know how tall she was. Definitely taller than the average female height. But he still somehow towered over her by a foot.

Why is he smiling like that?

"Uh. Sorry." She pulled her hand away from his grasp and scratched the back of her neck.

How awkward.

"Is this your monocle?" When did she pick it up, she didn't know, but it was now in her hands as she held it out to him.

It's definitely his.

It looked as if it fit perfectly; the final missing puzzle piece. Even his smile looked as if it were supposed to be in place.

He hummed, his half lidded eyes narrowing in the slightest before he closed them and daintily picked the object from out of her hands.

"Okay..." With that she took a step back and turned around, shrieking when he popped up behind her.

"Holy fuck- Shit, I," she whipped her head back around, her face full of confusion. "What the hell...?"

What type of freaky hoodoo voodoo as shit is he doing?

"How curious..." He muttered. His scrutinizing gaze hadn't lessened in the slightest, and it made Y/N shift uncomfortably so.

"Uhm... Do you need something?" She asked, her hand reaching up to scratch the side of her face.

"Mh, not at all, my dear! I admit, it was quite rude of me to stare without addressing my concerns." He suddenly piped with quite the chipper tone.

Y/N blinked at the man, a little startled by his behavior.

He spoke so kindly. Almost like a gentlemen.

"Concerns?" She voiced, blinking at him.

What an odd man.

He swung his cane to the side of him, bending down to look up at her with those brilliant red eyes.

Oh lord, what in the-

"Yes, concerns! See, you, my dear, are a rather curious looking fellow. Not at all like these wayward little demons flitting about." He clarified, correcting his posture.

Y/N glanced to the side.

"Ah ah ah," her head was suddenly jerked back towards him, and she let out a startled hiss when she realized how close he'd moved his face to hers.
"It's polite to look one in their eyes when they're speaking, wouldn't you agree, my dear?"

Oh Jesus Christ.

She glanced down at the hand that held her chin and place.

"Uhm, I'm sorry?" She murmured, reaching up to grab his wrist. Before she could even touch him, his hand was back on his cane and she swallowed, rubbing the area where his hand was.

Y/N took step back but didn't turn around that time.

The demon stared at her, his smile never leaving. He tilted his head at her actions.