Chapter 7

That's what the letter read. After reading it I was left in shock. How did the person who left me those letters know so much? How? I don't understand that at all.

They knew things about myself that I didn't even know. What even was the ketsuryugan?

After letting the shock of the letter pass, I decided to pay more attention to the jutsu instructions.

— — —

I carefully manipulated the instructions on how to perform the blood clones before making a copy of them. You can never be too safe, I can't afford to lose this paper. Like, losing my only chance to learn more about my eyes? No thank you.

I then hid both scrolls before going downstairs, to get my things and head towards the library, where I could hopefully learn about my family. My thoughts were taken away from me when I got distracted by someone entering the house.

"Hey Hanako!" Mikoto cheerfully said, holding many shopping bags. "Itachi told me you would be home, do you need help unpacking?" She continued, taking the contents out of the bags and putting them away in their reserved place.

"No, I'm okay! I'm heading out for the library, I'll be here for dinner!" I said, putting my shoes on.

"Alright, be safe." I heard Mikoto say.

I wandered off the Uchiha compound, getting many greetings. I made my way to the library and immediately started to look for books concerning my clan. Looking in the different alleys about clans I wasn't even close to finding a book that was up to my demands.

A nice looking lady noticed me struggling and asked me what I was looking for. "I'm looking for books about old clans," I said, remembering my heritage had to be kept a secret. She informed me that if I hadn't found the book I was searching for in the clan section, I should head to the history section of the library. "Thank you!" I said, wandering off.

I then went to the History section and started to look at the books, one by one. After a couple of minutes I realized I probably wouldn't find a book about my clan.

That was when it caught my eye, an old, worn down book titled "The Chinoike".

My eyes glistened from excitement when I picked it up, careful to not break it. I then settled at a table and started reading from it.

The Chinoike clan

A prestigious clan, now instinct.

'What do you mean now instinct?' I thought to myself. All I wanted was to stand on the table and yell about my heritage, frustrated people thought we were all dead. But I knew that wasn't a good move to make. I turned the page and noticed a red eye, titled the blood dragon eye.

The Chinoike Kekkei Genkai, the Ketsuryugan, also known as the blood dragon eye, was powerful enough to compete with the Sharingan and Byakugan. Its abilities aren't known, but many people suggest it grants its owners the ability to manipulate blood.

I turned the page, disappointed that so little information was shared about the Ketsuryugan.

The clan was forced into the valley of hell, in the land of hot water after a disagreement with the Land of Lightning. They surprisingly managed to survive, thriving off of the valley's minimal wildlife and resources.

'So the event the letter talked about was a disagreement with the Land of Lightning? I'll have to look some more into that later.' I thought.

That was until the fact they lived in such close proximity one another got to them. They completely wiped themselves out. Many suspect the reason to be a disagreement.

'There have to be survivors, I need to find out who my mom is.' I mumbled to myself, turning the page, when the intercom went off.

"Anyone still in the library will have to leave, we close in 5 minutes," I heard the voice say.

I sighed before putting the fragile book away, determined to come back to it later. I made my way back to the Uchiha compound before being warmfully greeted by the family.

"Hanako! How was the library?" Mikoto asked me.

"Really great, it's so peaceful over there." We continued our conversation until it was broken by an over-excited Sasuke.

"Hana! You're really staying here?" The young Uchiha said.

"Yea I am! We're going to train with each other every day!"

Timeskip:

A couple of months had passed, and we were now nearing the end of our freshman year at the academy. I spent my whole days training, mostly with Sasuke, when I wasn't at the academy.

Talking about the academy, I hated it.

It was way too easy, and I couldn't make friends because of Sasuke. It was always oh Sasuke this, Sasuke that, and they wouldn't approach me because I was his friend, they wanted him all to themselves. I didn't understand that, but whatever floats their boat.

I resulted in training my ass off, and passing at the top of my class rivalising Sasuke. He thought he knew everything about my abilities, but little did he know I spent time training, in secret.

The day I mastered my blood clone jutsu was one of my happiest days.

Flashback:

"I keep doing the damn hand signs the scroll indicates but I can't get the jutsu right!" I said in frustration. I spent at least three hours a day working on this jutsu for the last month and I still couldn't get it right.

I tried again and again, but still couldn't manage to get it right. What am I doing wrong?

I went back to the scroll and looked at it, like that would change something, when I spotted a detail I had gone over the last few times I read it. "Rotate your chakra through your veins."

So that's what I had been doing wrong.

I tried again a couple more times and still couldn't manage to get it right leaving me frustrated AND exhausted. I decided to try again for a last time, before going back to my house. I made the hand signs necessary and waited for a second when I heard a clone appear next to me.

"I did it!" I yelled in excitement.

End of flashback:

I now had a secret weapon nobody knew of, until I used it at school while Iruka was teaching us about clones.

"Does anyone know about clones?" Our sensei asked, looking around.

I raised my hand, and Sasuke glanced at me, surprised.

"What do you know about them?" Iruka asked.

"Not much, I know how to make them!"

His jaw dropped, how could a seven year old know how to make clones? "Are you sure?"

"Yea, look!" I said, making the hand signs necessary for my blood clone, before a perfect looking me appeared.

His jaw dropped even further. "How do you know how to do that Hanako?"

"I dunno, I just learned."

A/N:

How do you think the blood clones will affect Hanako?

Do you think she'll manage to learn more about her family?

Thank you so much for reading and voting (if you did). I'm so happy I got 120 votes in a couple of days, thank you guys!