The New Dragon Warrior

"We packed some food for your time in jail." Lee says as he and Mr. Ping had Zhen some food.

"Let's hope it's not your final meal." Mr. Ping says.

"Thanks guys. I was thinking after I serve my time in jail and I'm a free fox again maybe that I'll open one of those acupuncture places that are all the rage." Zhen says as she walks away with Alexis and Po.

"Well Alexis and I think you're better suited for a place with room for a little more growth." Po says as he gestures to the Jade Palace.

"The Jade Palace?" Zhen asks in surprise.

"You've earned it Zhen. Like I said we all are capable of great good if given the chance. Well Po and I both want you to have that chance to really blossom." Alexis says as she hands Zhen her white feather causing her to smile at Alexis.

"And I want you to become my successor as the Dragon Warrior. Will you accept?" Po asks as Zhen looks at him.

*Timeskip*

"Out of all your candidates you choose as your worthy successor you chose the fox?" Shifu asks in shock.

"You know when you know. You know?" Po asks as he smiles.

"Come on dad. You didn't say Po had to choose anyone in specific. Now did you?" Alexis asks.

"Fine! Choose whoever you want! The stick, the thief, the carrot! I don't even know why I bother. I'm gonna go meditate. A lot!" Shifu says angrily as he walks off.

"He'll come around... Hopefully." Po says.

"He came around on you. Don't see why he won't come around with Zhen given the time." Alexis says as she smiles.

"He's right though. What about me says I'm ready for this?" Zhen asks.

"Well as I learned from working in my dad's kitchen sometimes sometimes the greatest dishes come from the most unusual ingredients." Po says.

"Hey! That's not bad. I see you spiritual leader." Zhen says.

"Yeah. I'm getting the hang of this spiritual leader thing." Po says as he begins making more proverbs that don't make any sense much to Alexis and Zhen's annoyance.

"Okay Po we get it." Alexis says as Po keeps going.

"Can we just start the training now?" Zhen asks.

*1 Year Timeskip*

"Hey. Thought I'd find you out here." Alexis says as she finds Zhen by the peach tree.

"Oh hey Alexis. What uh are you doing out here?" Zhen asks as she looks at Alexis.

"Just wanted to congratulate you on becoming the new Dragon Warrior." Alexis says as she smiles and sits beside Zhen.

"Yeah. Never thought I'd actually become the Dragon Warrior. Feels kinda weird given how I was brought up." Zhen says as she chuckles.

"Yeah but that's in the past now. Your future is bright. You should be happy and proud of how far you've come. I know I am." Alexis says happily.

"Thanks. You've been there for me every step of the way when Po wasn't since I came to the Jade Palace. It means a lot." Zhen says.

"You're welcome." Alexis says.

"I'm glad I got to know you. I hope you know that." Zhen says as she looks at Alexis.

"I'm glad I got to know you too Zhen." Alexis says.

"Hey um there's actually something I've been wanting to tell you for a little while. I've been too scared to say anything but I feel like it's only right that I be honest with you." Zhen says nervously.

"What is it Zhen?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Alexis I have feelings for you." Zhen says as she blushes.

"You have feelings for me?" Alexis asks as she blushes.

"I have since we met. Though back then it was just a crush and since it's just gree into more. It's why I used to call you beautiful so much. I think you're one of the most beautiful people I've ever met. Inside and out." Zhen says as she smiles.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Because I didn't think you'd feel the same and I didn't know how it would affect our friendship. You've become my most prized possession in terms of how I view our friendship and bond. You mean the world to me. Back when I was with the Chameleon I didn't know what I wanted because I didn't think I was capable of doing anything other than being a thief. But meeting you changed that. You've become my new dream. To be here with you even if it's just as friends means the world to me. I understand if you don't feel the same though." Zhen says.

"But Zhen I do feel the same." Alexis says as she blushes.

"You do huh? So does that mean I can do this then?" Zhen asks as she smirks before kissing Alexis and pulling away triumphantly.

"You can definitely do that." Alexis says as she smiles happily.

"Good. Because I plan to do it a lot more now that I know you feel the same. I was about to go grab some grub from the village. You wanna come?" Zhen asks as she and Alexis stand up.

"Sounds great." Alexis says as she and Zhen walk off hand in hand.