「Swiping through Moments」- Chap.4

Authors POV on Ni-Ki

Ni-Ki was on his way to his school as usual, listening to his favorite songs on his way and looking around.His hands were buried deep into his grey Jackets pockets and fiddling with its fabric.

He was still tired, his head dropping to look at the ground every few seconds and not caring if he stepped on stones.

His Phone buzzed in his right hand.He hurriedly took it out, opening the lock screen to check who had texted him.It was Jungwon, asking him where he was because he usually came early to school.

„I overslept, sorry Won." , Is what Ni-Ki replied with before fastening his pace to arrive faster at his school gates which he could already see.He suddenly looked to his left, his eyes widening at the sight.

It was the backyard of the old lady, its fence still not rebuilt.Ni-Ki didn't realize that he had started to smile before abruptly stopping in his steps.

„Seriously...you hate her.What's wrong with you?" , He mumbled to himself, stomping onto the floor before tightly gripping the strings of his school bag and running as fast as he could to reach his school.

He was breathing heavily as he slowed down his steps and walked through the gate.He looked around for a bit before spotting his friend group and walking over to them.

„Ni-Ki! Finally, where were you?", Jungwon shouted at the sight of Ni-Ki approaching them.
„I am sorry guys, I overslept on accident.",Ni-Ki replied rather in a mumble, somehow not in the mood to talk.

A silence fell between the group before Sunoo spoke up: „Are you sure that everything is okay? You seem more tired than usual.."

Ni-Ki sighed, internally face palming himself.The truth is, No-Ki didn't sleep the whole night and is right now surviving with two hours of sleep.His head was spinning.

The reason for him not sleeping is that he couldn't stop thinking about yesterday, the little shared moments. „Oh god, I am going crazy,right?..." He thought to himself.

He came back to reality when Sunoo nudged his arm.He looked up at his both worried friends before shaking his head. „I am fine..I just kinda didn't get enough sleep.", Ni-Ki finally explained making Sunoo and Jungwon give each other suspicious glances before nodding their heads.

„If you say so", Jungwon said and shrugged his shoulders before him and Sunoo started talking again.Ni-Ki was silent the whole time, only nodding his head sometimes.

He was looking at his phone when his head shot up at the voice he heard all night long.

„Hey Ki..." , is what the voice said making him forget his surroundings for a bit.

Jungwon nudged him with his elbow once again as Ni-Ki widened his eyes. „Oh...Hana.." , he mumbled and gave an awkward smile to the three girls in front of him.

„Ehm yeah, here," Hana said, handing out a little notebook to Ni-Ki which suspiciously looked the same as his- Oh...

„You dropped this yesterday when you went home.", Hana continued as Ni-Ki didn't give a reaction.Jungwon gave a small smile and took the notebook, giving it to his dazed best friend who looked so out of it that everyone was worried.

„Thank you, Hana.I am sure he appreciates it, he just didn't get enough sleep.", Sunoo said with a small smile.

Iseul and Mirae who were behind Hana the whole time tried to muffle their laughs by pressing their sweater sleeves onto their mouth.

„Oh, no problem." Hana said back with a sweet smile, making Ni-Ki see stars in her eyes before he finally snapped out of his daze while shaking his head.

„O-Oh, yeah thanks I guess.", Ni-Ki said and rolled his eyes to snatch the notebook from Sunoo. Hana nodded, her smile crashing down at the eye roll she got even though her doings were meant in a good way.

Mirae realized the tension and pulled Hana away with the help of Iseul who looked around and then at Mirae confused and with her eyebrow raised but did as Mirae signalled her.

„What was that...", Sunoo mumbled looking at Ni-Ki who just shook his head. „Nothing...she is just a classmate of mine.", he told his best friends who both raised their eyebrows.

Just?" , Jungwon and Sunoo asked at the same time. Ni-Ki nodded his head before the school bell rung making them all hold their bag strings tightly again and start walking into the building.

The three boys walked in the hallway and to their lockers to get their final books. Ni-Ki held his head in frustration as if he was going crazy making Sunoo side-eye him with a judging look.

„Surely just a classmate", Sunoo thought nudging Jungwon who nodded as he saw Ni-Ki.

The scene from earlier kept replaying in Ni-Ki's head. Her oh so sweet voice- Wait- No! Ni-Ki shook his head over and over again.

He was annoyed of himself, because he stared at Hana the whole time the scene had happened as if he was completely out of it.

Why did I even roll my eyes? He asked himself before he felt the two boys who were watching him pull him by his arms to their next class.

。。。