「Annoying」- Chap.3

Authors POV

Ni-Ki was on his way home, walking in a slow pace as he took in his surroundings with a sweet melody running through his ears as he hummed with the song that was playing through his earphones.

The right string of his backpack was once again held by his hand while the left one was hanging loosely, him not even bothering to hang it over his shoulder.

As he was walking, he suddenly stumbled over a big rock.He gasped slightly, barely holding himself onto the fence beside him as he silently cursed at the rock under his breath.He was about to walk away but turned around just to kick away the rock with his foot before continuing to walk.
Not aware that he just hit someone else foot...

As always, Hana was walking down too, unknowingly into the same direction as Ni-Ki, not realizing that the said boy was actually not far away from her and in front of her.

She was immersed into the peaceful birds that were singing a melody in their own language when suddenly a stinging pain hit her foot making her gasp and immediately look down to see what happened.

She realized that a rock had hit her as she winced in pain, crutching down to rub over her ankle that was hit before finally looking up, just to look into the dark brown eyes of none other than Ni-Ki.

„You...", she started, stopping mid sentence as she felt a frustration build up in herself. „how dare you!", she finally shouted, forgetting about the pain in her ankle as she shot up, holding her bag strings tightly in her hands as she started running after Ni-Ki.

Ni-Ki widened his eyes at the sight of the crazy girl in front of him, letting out a silent gasp before turning around and running away from the angry girl.

„You did this knowingly didn't you!", Hana shouted out of breath, trying to catch up with the tall raven haired boy.

„I didn't, woman! Calm down! Oh gosh-", Ni-Ki started shouting at her, almost tripping on his way as he tried his best to run away. „I have a name!", Hana shouted back, getting even more angry as she huffed out a breath of annoyance.

„How are you even running?! I thought it hurt!", Ni-Ki shouted, „So you did do it knowingly!", Hana shouted back, internally crying because of the pain in her ankle but her anger was stronger than the pain.

„No!- Wait,Hana!", Ni-Ki shouted as he saw a sudden fence appear in front of them after they had taken a turn to the right.He tried slowing down, stumbling a bit until he felt Hana crash right onto his back, pulling both of them down onto the fence, breaking the wood that it was build of.

„OH!-", Hana said, both of them closing their eyes as they heard loud cracks from the fence they landed on.When Hana opened her eyes, she was right on top of Ni-Ki.She gasped and widened her eyes, immediately rolling onto her right side as Ni-Ki let go of the grip he unknowingly had on her.

They were both breathing heavily as Hana slightly sat up, realizing that they both had landed in a strangers' backyard. „Oh?...", Ni-Ki said as he sat up too, supporting his upper body with his arm.A silence developed before they both looked at each other with wide eyes. „Oh...Oh no!", they both said loudly, almost shouting, immediately getting off the ground.

Ni-Ki dusted off his pants before grabbing Hana's wrist to pull her out of the strangers' backyard in a hurry.Hana faced Ni-Ki with a frustrated look on her face. „Look what you've caused!", she said loudly in annoyance. „Hey! It wasn't my fault that you suddenly started chasing me!", Ni-Ki fought back, looking down at the girl in front of himself.

„Now, what do we do?",Hana asked, brushing through her hair in frustration before hiding her face into her palms. „It'll be okay..", Ni-Ki said, patting her shoulder comfortingly. „Wait- Where's my bag?", Hana asked and widened her eyes.

They both glanced back at the backyard, spotting a beige bag wich now was rather brown because of the dirt and mud the fall they lived through had caused.

„Oh no way! I am not going there, again!", Hana scoffed, putting her hands onto her hips.Ni-Ki watched her, thinking of something.

„Why are you looking at there so dumbly?", Hana asked, raising her eyebrow as she looked him up and down. „First of: why so rude?", Ni-Ki scoffed, finally taking his hand off her shoulder which he didn't realize he hadn't done yet. „And second:...how about we go and get it together?"

...silence.

„Have you lost your mind?", Hana asked, furrowing her eyebrows before rolling her eyes. „But...maybe we could do that...", she finally gave in, giving him a slight smirk.

-

„Shh...don't be so loud!", Ni-Ki whisper-yelled as they snuck back in to the backyard, taking small steps to the middle to get Hana's bag.Hana rolled her eyes and punched Ni-Ki's shoulder in return, annoyed by him complaining constantly.

„I'll get it..", she whispered back, finally taking her final steps so she could finally grab onto her bags strings.
As she was just about to grab her bag, a sudden shout was audible from afar.

„Hey! You two! What are you doing in my backyard!",
Hana and Ni-Ki gasped and widened their eyes as they faced each other.Hana hurriedly took ahold of her bag, accidentally pulling it through even more mud.

Ni-Ki hurriedly but gently took ahold of her hand, pulling her after himself as they both ran.
„Hey! Come back!", the old woman shouted as she saw the two teenagers run away.

„Slow down, Ki!", Hana shouted, not realizing what she had called him as she was breathing heavily while trying to match up with Ni-Ki's pace.

„I-I you- what?!", Ni-Ki shouted, overwhelmed by the situation as he shrugged off the weird feeling in his stomach as if it was doing flips and continued running.

„Ugh! Ni-Ki!", Hana groaned and shouted louder as she saw that they were about to arrive at her house.
She abruptly stopped, making Ni-Ki stop too who was holding her hand.

„oh god...this is my house, I'll leave", Hana said while being out of breath.Ni-Ki didn't let go of her hand, waiting for her to walk away.Hana adverted her gaze to their interlocked hands.

„You can let go now...", she mumbled as a blush crept up her cheeks. „O-Oh, right, sorry...", Ni-Ki said, flustered by the situation as Hana started to walk off.

„Oh and Ni-Ki!", Hana shouted while turning around and making Ni-Ki stop in his tracks too.

„Yeah? What's up?", Ni-Ki asked, making eye contact with Hana.The said girl grinned, „hmm", she hummed.

„You know what? ...You're annoying!", She shouted and started laughing as Ni-Ki furrowed his eyebrows and scoffed while Hana hurriedly ran off as Ni-Ki watched her.

„As if you aren't...", Ni-Ki mumbled to himself, not believing his own words before sighing and finally walking home.

--------

Not really satisfied with this but anyways🤷‍♀️