1) getting ready to see grandma

~Adeline's pov~

I woke up today to the sound of my uncle screaming, i bolted out of my bed and ran straight down the stairs looking for my uncle.

"Uncle kevin! Are you ok?!"

I saw my uncle crouching infront of the oven clutching his hand tightly. He lifted his head and looked at me with a pained smile.

"Ah Adeline..i just hurt my hand nothing serious! Don't worry im perfectly fine."

He wasn't fine. He burnt his hand! How could he say he was 'perfectly fine'?!
I sighed and took a cloth that was hanged next to the refrigerator to my right.
I wet it before crouching next to my uncle and began to tend to his burnt hand.

"Oh adaline you really don't have to..I can take care of it myself.."

"Uncle how can you tend to your hand when you're the one who burnt it in the first place?"

My uncle just chuckled and shook his head.

After I finished wrapping up my uncles hand with a different cloth I took after I healed most of his wound, we both stood up and I went to wash my hands while my uncle sat on a wooden stool.

"Adaline..i have a favor to ask of you dear."

I turn to my uncle and waited for him to continue.

"I've made a new recipe for these delicious pastries, and i just placed them in the oven before i burnt my hand" he held up his hand while awkwardly smiling at me "so i thought that maybe after they're done, you could take some to give to you're grandmother"

"You mean my grandmother in the woods?"

"Yes." he said while nodding his head.

"Oh...alright, I'll go."

He then stood up and went to open the oven and took out the pastries that were done baking, he placed the tray on top of a wooden table that took most of the space inside the small kitchen.

The scent of the pastries filled the room and they smelled heavenly, hence why my uncle is the best baker in town.

He started searching for something that i assumed would be some sort of basket to hold the pastries in. he then pulled out a small dusty basket out of the cabinet "i think this would do, what do you think?" He said while showing me the unrepairable basket.

I shook my head at him "i think we need a new one."

He sighed and nodded "yeah you're right, here take these and go get me a new basket from the shop alright?" He said while handing me a good amount of money.

I nodded my head and place the money inside my pocket and grabbed my coat "alright uncle, I'll be back in a few minutes!" I yell.

"Alright! Be careful and stay away from strangers!" He yelled back and i chuckled at his words.

With that i walked out the door to the outside world filled with houses and shops and most importantly the people that filled this beautiful town.

"Good morning adaline!"

"Hello adaline!"

"Bonjour adaline!"

I smiled and waved at the group of people that greeted me and continued my walk to the shop that was now right infront of me.

I opened the door with a 'ding' sound and looked around when suddenly the shopkeeper greeted me.

"Bonjour adaline! What would you like from my shop today!" He said while smiling and clasping his hands together.

"Oh hello sir, i was just looking for a small basket suitable for pastries, do you have any in stock perhaps?"

"Ah yes! Right this way mademoiselle, i have quite a few that would be suitable for your taste." He lead me to the corner of the shop where it was filled with baskets and other supplies.

"Pick whichever one you see fit mademoiselle, and please, take your time." He said while heading back to the front of the shop.

I started looking until one specificly caught my eye, there was nothing too interesting and i didn't think i would find one that matched my style. Until i shifted my eyes upwards that is, i found one of prettiest looking baskets, it had white lace all over it and was circular almost oval-shaped with a baby pink bow decorating its handle. I absolutely loved it.

I carefully started to walk to the front of the shop with the basket in my hands as if it was a new-born baby and not a basket that i was holding.

I saw the shopkeeper smiling at me and i headed to him while smiling back.

"How much will it cost me sir?" I asked while placing the item infront of him so he can bag it.

"Oh don't worry darling, its on the house!" he said already bagging my item.

I was absolutely stunned, nobody has ever given me an item for free, even though i was pretty popular in town, i never got an item on the house.

"A-are you sure sir?..its alright i can pay for it, I am capable of-"

"No mademoiselle! I insist! Take it, here!" He said while shoving the bagged item in my face and pushing me to leave so i wouldn't pay.

I thanked the middle aged man and headed straight back home and opened the door to where i am greeted with my uncle sleeping on the couch. Snoring.

I sighed and headed to the wooden table and placed the new basket i unbagged and started filling it with some of the delicious pastries.

I filled the basket till it was completely filled with pastries. Then i went to get a paper and pen from my uncles workspace and began to write a small note saying that I'll be back tomorrow morning from my grandmas house.

I left the note beside my uncle and went to my room and changed into a simple baby blue lolita dress with my favorite red cape on top, then i headed downstairs and put on my black shoes and quietly ran to the kitchen and took the pastry filled basket, then i walked through the front door ready to meet my grandmother.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N:-

Hello!
So this is my first ever book so please give it some love!

and if you like this book stay tuned for the upcoming ones!

I love you all, bye!

{1070 words}