7) surprise attack

Hunter's pov:

"Human." My father growled at my mate with hatred evident in his eyes. All the men behind him either growling or snarling at my mate, glancing at her, she looked terrified. She looked like she wanted to flee this place and never step foot here again. But I wouldn't allow that. Never in a million years would I allow my mate to leave me. It would tremendously break me in ways I could never imagine.

glaring at my father and the men behind him, they stood down, but not my father. He glanced at me and gave me an intense look that matched mine. But I didn't surrender, he didn't frighten me. Moreover, when it came to my mate and my future queen, I would never step down to anyone.

Abruptly, my mate jumped out of the medical bed she was laying on and darted her way to the door where all my men including my father were standing. Though, with her small petite form, she passed all men easily. However, that didn't please me too much. Since I had to sprint after her. She ran like her life depended on it, and it bothered me. She shouldn't run from me, ever. This shouldn't be happening. She should be clinging to me and depend on me fully for protection. But currently, that wasn't the case.

Running a bit faster and wrapping my arms around her waist tightly while pulling her form close to my chest. Placing my right hand on her head while my left remained on her waist, I prepared for impact with the floor. After we collided with the ground beneath us. I felt her going limp in my arms, almost immediately, I lifted her face with my thumb and index finger. Raising her face for me to view, I saw that she was indeed unconscious. Seeing this I carried her in my arms bridal style and went to take her to my bedroom. Only to find my father and some of my men behind him.

"What do you think you're doing, you disgrace." He roared, emphasizing on 'disgrace'.

"It's none of your concern, now leave. I have no time for your time consuming fights." I yelled back in a firm tone, making the men behind my father lower their heads as a sign of respect and fear.

With my mate still in my arms, I walked towards the staircase leading to my room not giving my father a chance to speak. Seeing that if I stood there a second longer I would have ripped his heart out of his chest.

As I ascended the stairs, i began to contemplate whether or not should I tell my human mate that I, the king of all werewolf's, am her mate. Moreover, how would she react if I told her that I murdered her grandmother, she'd absolutely rejected me. But I won't let that happen. She's my one and only and I wouldn't dare let her go, even if she didn't want me. Agreeing with my thoughts on the decision of not telling her yet, I opened the door to my room with my magic and closed it behind me before heading to my large king-sized bed that was covered in dark grey and navy blue sheets, laying my sleeping beauty under the sheets of what was now our bed, I sat on a chair a few feet away from our bed admiring her beauty as she slept; the chair I was seated on was made out of jet black leather and was accompanied by a small glass coffee table.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After approximately two hours of watching my angel sound asleep, she began to yawn in the most adorable manner, i almost smiled at the sight, almost. As she stretched her limbs out she began to examine her surroundings before she held eye- contact with me. At the sudden eye-contact she froze, but what caught me off guard was when she jumped out of the bed and lunged at me. She began to punch me and slap my face, as if it hurt. I just let her continue her temper tantrum till she got exhausted enough to lay in my arms.

A good ten to fifteen minutes passed before she began to burn out, she stood up straight and looked up at me with an adorable glare.

"Who are you, and how did I get here?!" She yelled, trying to look intimidating but failing miserably at the given task.

"Ah, yes, I apologize for not introducing myself. My name is Hunter Alejo, I'm the owner of this estate. As for the latter, I found you laying unconscious in the woods with no food nor shelter. Thus, I decided to take you in to aid you. Moreover, I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had to witness a little while back." I replied, trying to speak in a soft tone as to not scare her, though it wasn't that soft, she wasn't frightend.

Surprisingly, all she gave me as a reply was a poker face. "Your kidding, right?" She asked looking me straight in the eye. Seeing that I didn't reply to her question, she grabbed me by the collar. " You're lying! I was at my grandmother's house when I fell unconscious, besides, there was a wolf next to me-" she paused, as some sort of realisation hit her. "A-am I d-dead?.." she let me go as she started backing away with her hand clutched around her mouth. "Are you death?!" She screamed. Oh how amusing my little angel is, I could use some popcorn.

"You're not dead neither am I the grim reaper, you're perfectly fine. Though concerning how I found you, I had heard a few howls here and there when I found you next to a tree, but I never confirmed it to be a wolf. Neither did I verify seeing any old lady around your area at that moment, I apologize." Her delicate round face turned red with rage but before she could even utter a word, a loud crash sound resonated from the floor below us. quickly sensing what it was, or rather who they were, I wrapped both my arms around my mates waist and lifted her into my arms before running into my walk-in closet.

"stay here for a few minutes, I'll be back. Don't move."

"What? What's going on?!"

Not having time to respond I slammed the door and locked it, hiding the key in a safe spot before sprinting out of the room and down the stairs.

" Those d*mn Rouge's."

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N:-

Hello! Unfortunately I'm still not finished with my exams but I still got to post! Hope you like it, bye!

If you like this story stay tuned for the upcoming ones!

{1140 words}