6) Finding out

Adaline's pov:

I was out of words. Completely shocked as most would say. I looked at her wide-eyed and she didn't fail to look at me the same. Standing infront of me was non-other than my child-hood bestfriend, Aisha. She was all grown now though, with her long curly hair and her caramal brown skin complementing her striking blue eyes. She was gorgeous.

"Adaline what on earth are you doing here?!" She asked while walking to the side of the bed closer to me though carefull to not touch me, as I was uncomfortable with most people touching me without consent.
"I-I don't know, i just woke up here..." I answered her, confused as to why i was suddenly here when i was at my grandmothers house passed out next to a wolf. It couldn't have possibly went to get help, especially for a stranger.

"Do you remember anything from before you woke up in this room?" She asked looking quite concerned.
"i remember being at my grandmothers house, i was supposed to be delivering a few pastries to her house. B-but when i went to c-check on her when s-she wouldn't respond...s-she-" a sob resonated from my lips as i am reminded of the horrible state my grandma was in. She was basically just torn flesh and bones.

Aisha looked at me with sorrowful eyes and nodded, telling me she understood what i meant without needing to continue on. She turned to the man behind her and ordered him kindly to leave us alone for a while. That was quite confusing in my point of view. He obeyed her request by stepping out of the room and standing guard behind the door. After confirming he was out, Aisha turned to me with a warm smile and took the chair that was beside me and sat on it. "Adaline, could you please tell me what happened in your grandmas house from the beginning?" She asked gently staring at my petite form.

I nodded and began explaining what happened word by word in detail, though i think that was a bad idea because as soon as i reached the part where i found my grandma laying  dead i started balling my eyes out and couldn't continue on.

"Adaline...I'm so sorry darling." she said in a comforting tone.

"It's alright." I say, my voice barley a whisper but I knew she heard.

All of a sudden the door bursts open slightly frightening me from how fast it unlocked. Out of it came the man that was sitting beside me earlier. But this time instead of being calm and collected, he was now raged and furious. He instantly looked at me as if sensing my alarmed state and calmed down a bit to show he wasn't going to hurt me. But with how intimidating and scary he looked I could never believe he wouldn't at least kick someone to the ground or punch them.

"Aisha. Get out." He ordered

"What? Why?!" She argued. She would never leave me alone with such a scary looking man, would she?

"Aisha, I'm not repeating myself. Step out of this room." He said through clenched teeth.

She sighed and got up from her chair, but before she could take a step away from me I held her arm making her stop in her tracks and look at me in confusion.

"Please don't leave me, I don't want to be alone with...him." I whisper to her with pleading eyes. My tight grip on her arm helping keeping her in place. She looks at the man at the door and then looks back at me with a look of sorrow in her eyes. "I apologize Adaline, but I have to leave. I have some...matters to attend to. But I would still love to talk to you another time." She says. Her last statement trying to lighten the mood, though it didn't work. I let go of her hand devastated that she wasn't going to stay with me to at least protect me from this monstrous but good looking man.

She walked to the door and stood in front of the man, looking him in the eye. It was as if they were talking through eye contact though they weren't, it was truly confusing but not the main concern at the moment. My main concern was what was this man going to do to me while we were alone? That thought alone shook me to my core. After a few passing minutes Aisha nodded at the man and left, the door closing automatically behind her. The man whom's names I had forgotten due to the intimidating aura the flows from him so ordinarily, after closing the door, looks up at me with a gaze so new to me, I almost misunderstood it for adoration. Though the gaze didn't last long as his brick face returns, making him look all the more terrifying.

He walks up to the side of the bed that I'm laying in and reached his hand out to touch my face. I instantly flinched at his motion and was about move away when he grabbed my arm in a firm grip but not enough to actually hurt me.

"Don't move..please." he breathed. Trying to look and sound as gentle as possible to not frighten me, but he obviously failed at that.

"L-let me go!" I screamed at him. But all he did was lift his other hand to gently caress my cheek making both tint with blush, which made the moment all the more awkward. Why did I think this man was so attractive when all he was supposed to be was terrifying?! That's a question for later because before I even knew it, this man had the audacity to place his plump red lips onto my forehead and look at me in the eyes like it was something out of the ordinary?! I was baffled. Extremely taken aback by his actions. But before I could ask or utter a single phrase, the door swing's open with a bunch of men marching inside. One of them looking me straight in the eye.

"Human."

_______________________________________

Hello everyone!!! Late again 😔😔 but it's ok because I'll be posting alot in these upcoming days!

As always, I love you all, bye!

If you like this story stay tuned for the upcoming ones!

((-all Images belong to their respective owners-))

{1075 words}