4) she's a what?...

Hunter's pov:

She was absolutely trembling with fear. Her eyes were on the verge of popping out of their sockets with how wide they were. I just stood there, still in my wolf form, unable to move or do anything at all.

I don't understand, why is she this paralyzed? Does she recognize that I'm an alpha? Well even if she does she shouldn't be this frightened of me, I'm her mate, so the mate bond should at least calm her down a little bit. Even if the mate bond isn't that strong at the moment it should work to some degree.

"G-get away from me..." She said with an almost inaudible voice, though i could hear it with ease.

My wolf didn't like that comment, so he began growling deeply. That was an ill-decided move from my wolfs side, because as soon as he started to snarl at her she got up and bolted across the room swiftly picking up a fire iron that was sitting at the other side of the room next to a small fireplace.

She held it firmly as if she held a sword, but it didn't effect me. She could hurt me all she wanted and i would never utter a word. She was now my everything and if it meant hitting me to get her to trust me. I would gladly accept.

I began to move slowly towards her, but with every step i took she took a step farther away until she hit the corner of the wall behind her. I kept my slow pace and took caution steps towards her.

As she didn't have anywhere else to escape to, she started drooping down the wall behind her, still quivering with new tears starting to fall.

"Please...i don't want to die..i just lost my grandmother.." She said in a trembling voice. It hurt my heart to hear her say those words, I'd never kill her. If anyone were to ever lay a hand on her I'd send them to the deepest darkest pits of hell myself, no acceptions from the moon goddess.

at a slow pace i started getting closer to her. As soon as i was at a good distance, i set down my head next to her lap reassuringly, i peek at her to see her reaction.

She had her hand over her mouth still shook, i gave her a small whine, something i would never do infront of anybody else. She steadily slipped her hand away from her mouth and calmed down just a bit for her to relax.

I all of a sudden felt a hand in between my ears, but i didn't move, as to not frighten her and to also enjoy this moment because i don't think I'll be experiencing this for a long while later on. I closed my eyes and relaxed at the movement of her hand on my head, petting me, also something i wouldn't let anybody do other than her.

Slowly, her hand started to retract from my head. Unpleased with that feeling, i look up only to see my mate passed out with her head laying on the wall, i guess she really needed a rest after all this trauma.

I rose to my feet and began to shift to my human form, after my bones shifted and cracked for about five almost painful minutes, almost painful. I got up and put on some mens shorts that i found in the closet, they didn't fit me too well but they would do for now.

I went over to my angel and picked her up bridal-style and ran as fast as i could in this form straight back to the pack house. I already mind-linked the guards to open the gates when i was close enough, so when i got there the gates where already open.

I sprint inside though careful of the sleeping beauty in my arms. I rush inside the pack house and head straight to the pack clinic. I step inside and call for doctor Amara, our female medic.

She immediately set a private room for my precious, i placed her on the hospital bed. Later she began doing a medical check-up on her to make sure she doesn't have any injuries. I just sat on a nearby chair and took a deep breath while trying to process everything. I never thought of meeting my mate in a such harsh way. I've always imagined to meet her by a lake or accidentally bumping into her someday.

A little while later i heard the doctor come in with an uneasy look on her face. "Alpha..I've got some good news and bad news..which would you like to hear first?" She asked me, hesitant.

I look at her with a confused look. "I'd like the good news first".

She nods and proceeds to speak. "Well, the good news is that she's perfectly healthy and doesn't need any medication or treatment, just a few simple check-ups here and there and she'll be good to go."

I nod at her. Overjoyed that my mate is in perfect condition and nobody got to touch her while i wasn't there. I turn my head to my mate and give her unconscious form a small smile, waiting patiently for her to wake up.

Later on turning back to doctor Amara, asking her what the so called 'bad news' is, even though i don't see any flaws anywhere on my angel.

Doctor Amara looked at me uncertain if she should speak or not. I gave her a warning look telling her to speak up.

"Well...alpha.." She began speaking at a slow pace, absolutely testing my patience. "Alpha i think you should here the news from her." She said in an awkward voice. I growl in a threatening manner, making her jump slightly in the process. "No, she isn't awake to tell me what information you already have, now speak."

She looks at me worried, then began telling me the most unbelievable thing a wolf could utter out of their mouth.

"alpha... Your mate is a human."

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Im so happy with how this book is turning out! And its also nice to see more of you guys joining in to read.

+i sincerely apologize for the delay! Im currently fasting since its Ramadan (ramadan Mubarak btw!) So I'm trying to post everyday!

Anyways, i love you, bye!

If you like this story stay tuned for the upcoming ones!

{1090 words}