Chapter One

Colton breathed out a burdened sigh as he watched another man waltz up to Mimzy in their club. She let him pick her up off the stage and let her own hands wander. He had given everything for her, and this is how she repaid him. It was the same every day. This was his eternal punishment. He could accept that. He just wished she wouldn't do it in front of him. The only reason it was even dared in front of an overlord like him was for one of two reasons, the first being that he never really seemed to care which wasn't true he just hid his emotions well, or two they wanted to have sex with him too.

He growled as he watched another man join the fray. Mimzy dropped out of the first man's grasp and pulled them along towards Colton and the back rooms. Colton recollected himself as he saw his wife approaching, he couldn't show weakness, not when he was supposed to be one of hell's most powerful overlords. Mimzy grabbed his arm and he just let it happen, it was the only way he was going to get to actually do anything with his wife.

It wasn't until the early hours of the morning when he heard his phone ring and saw Charlie's number that he had some hope to be freed from his wife's sinful fantasies for a few hours. He grabbed it and left the room, "what's up princess?"

"Colton! I need your help with something!"

He raised an eyebrow and poured himself a drink, there was no such thing as too early to drink in the pentagram. "What kind of something?"

"I have the most amazing Idea Colton! I want to rehabilitate sinners!"

He blinked, "Come again?"

"Meet me at Lux in ten minutes and I'll explain the whole situation to you! Please!"

At the word 'Please' he felt the familiar violent tug on his neck. He let out a low painful grunt, making sure Charlie couldn't hear, and agreed, "yeah okay."

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Colton sighed and hung up the phone, he was already at Lux, he and Mimzy barely left cause all she liked to do was sleep with guys in the back rooms and party when the club was open. He sat at the bar lighting a cigarette, He pulled another bottle of booze off the shelves and a bigger glass from under the desk, Charlie could be a bit much this early in the morning. He loved her but she was very hyper, and he had a hell of a night, (no pun intended).

There was a rapid banging on the glass door. He looked up and saw the princess of hell herself. He couldn't help but smile, he hated the situation he was in, but Charlie reminded him of what he never got to have with Mimzy. A child of his own. He downed his shot and made his way to the door.

The moment it was open Charlie bolted in and gave him a tight hug, "Hey Char." He laughed a little, "what's this about rehabilitating sinners?"

She bounced up and down following Colton to the bar, "Okay so I repurposed one of my father's old buildings into a hotel with Vaggie down south, we want to use it to house sinners and try and redeem them so they could go to heaven! That might even stop the exterminations every year!" He gave her a skeptical look, "Come on Colton think about it, didn't you say your brother is in heaven wouldn't it be cool to see him again."

He looked away and rubbed the back of his neck, Charlie didn't know why he was down here, she didn't know about the deal he made or conditions. She didn't know that even if he atoned for all the sin he committed after the deal and all the ones he had committed down here he would never see the pearly gates. He was stuck. He couldn't let her know that though. She would feel horrible. She was too good for Hell. "Yeah," he said with a fake smile, "I guess it would be cool, but I don't know Char, Hell is forever."

"But what if it doesn't have to be?!"

He leaned back in his chair and poured another shot, "How about this. I'll help you run it, help you prove it, and only once you prove it will I actually try this redemption shit." She would never prove it; demons were damned for eternity. Not that he would tell her that, it would crush her, and he wasn't in the business of crushing her dreams. He wanted her to be a bit more realistic, but she was that happiest she had been in a while, who was he to take that from her.