Chapter Five

Colton sat at his window smoking a cigarette and listening to the gunfire and screams of the tortured souls down below. There was a knock on his door, "It's open!" he shouted from his seat by the window. Nifty scuttled in cleaning along the way. "Hi Colton!" she grinned, intensely staring at him with her one eye, "Alastor has something to show everyone."

He nodded thanking her and forced himself away from the view of his eternal damnation. As he walked into the hall KeeKee now back In cat form meowed at him to pick her up.

~~~

A camera turned on with static, and they were struck with the image of one demon stabbing another to second death. "Well, hello there, you wayward Sinner! Do you like blood, violence, and depravity of a sexual nature?" Alastor caught their attention, confusing them. "Of course you do, that's why you're in Hell! But what would you say if I told you there was a place to stay that had none of that?" Multiple sinners of all different species and shapes popped theri heads in frame. "Welcome to the Hazbin Hotel, a misguided path to redemption! Founded five days ago by Lucifer's delusional daughter, Charlotte Morningstar!" The hotel and Charlie were shown on screen waving nervously, Angle popping in frame and making bunny ears behind her head. "Come place your fate in her inexperienced hands, as she tries to work through her daddy issues by fixing you! Here we offer fun things, such as somewhat functional staff and 24-hour pest control.'' He showed them Husk passed out at the bar and Niffy chasing a bug with her sewing needles. "Custom rooms, and just look at this tacky parlor! Enjoy riveting conversation with our singular resident." Angel flipped him off. "Wow! All this, and more at the Hazbin Hotel! Your last desperate attempt at salvation starts here!"

Alastor finally turned off the tv, "So, what do you think?"

On the couch, Charlie and Vaggie were surprised by the commercial being poorly misleading and very offensive to the nature of the project. Colton pretty much expected just this. Alastor was no good with images; it would have gone better if he had made a radio commercial. Then again this was all a game to him so it probably would have been just as offensive. "I'm sorry. What the fuck was that?" Vaggie snapped.

"Uh, Yeah. One note, Alastor, I mean, first off, thank you so much for making this seriously amazing, but um, maybe the tone is a bit off," he narrowed his eyes and tilted his head. "We want people to want to come here. This makes it look, um," Charlie trailed off.

"Bad. The word you're looking for is bad," Vaggie assured her.

"Funny. I was going for hilarious."

"It didn't explain anything about how we're trying to save demons from extermination," Colton said, rubbing his forehead.

Vaggie cut him off, "which is the whole fucking point!"

"Vaggie and Colton are right Alastor, the commercial was to let sinners know we are trying to help them."

"Well, my dear, I haven't been active in hell for some time and everyone remembers me from my radio show, the proper medium to express oneself," He says, flexing his hands, tossing his head, a bone cracking every time, and twirling his mic stand. "But, you insisted on this noisy picture box advertisement," he taps the top of the TV twice with his mic stand trying very hard not to smash it. "So, I had a little fun with it."

"Oh, fun? You had a little fun with it?" She stood up, "Well, this is not what we want to represent us. When you showed up here a week ago, you told us you would help run this hotel. Instead, you're mocking us. Nobody's gonna wanna come to a place that a powerful overlord like you thinks is a waste of time. Even with Colton here!"

Colton threw his legs over the side of the couch and took out one of the ring daggers he had gotten from Carmilla Carmine swinging it around on his pointer. Colton was calm as far as overlords went as long as no one insulted Charlie personally they wouldn't feel threatened into coming. "In all fairness he said he wanted to be here for entertainment."