Chapter Two

Colton watched out his window as the extermination countdown changed from zero back to three hundred and sixty-five. Part of him wondered how many people had been killed, the other part wondered how many soul contracts had been destroyed. He groaned realizing he was going to have to do a shit load of paperwork later, that was one of the biggest down sides to being an overlord. Between Lux and his soul contracts he had more paperwork than he ever did in the living world. He lit a cigarette nearly burning himself as a loud knock sounded at his door. He hauled himself up, figuring Angel was back early and wanted to complain about his day. Normally he would let him sit on top of his desk and drone on, flirt, or whine while Colton counted money, did paperwork or wrote checks to his workers. Sometimes you just needed to get it all out and Colton knew that better than most. He threw the door open only to see Vaggie and Charlie on the other side. "I thought you girls left already."

"We were about to but Charlie got nervous," Vaggie told him.

Charlie scrunched up her eyes, "Please come with us Colton, I'd feel a lot better if you're there." Just as Colton saw Charlie as the child he never got to have, Charlie saw Colton as the father she didn't have since her parents separated. He just knew that if Lucifer ever decided to step back into the picture he was going to be ripped apart. Lucifer wasn't a bad father at least not on purpose. He knew he was a bit tweaked in the head, that's why Colton was with Charlie right now in the first place. The sinner's presence and power were proof enough that Lucifer loved his daughter.

Colton sighed as he felt that familiar tug around his neck. He had been watching over Charlie for just about 100 years now and sometimes he wished that she would be less polite, just once. He agreed nonetheless not that he had much of a choice. "Thanks Colton," Vaggie said with a content smile. She didn't know about his deal either, no one really did except for Alastor who was currently MIA and Husk who would rather chew glass than ever speak with him again and he wasn't planning on telling anyone else ever. Vaggie didn't really understand the logistics of Colton presence in her girlfriend's life, she just took it as gospel and did her best to prove herself to him as if he was really Charlie's parent.

"No problem, anything for you and Char," he said with a fake smile. He really Did like Vaggie she was nice enough to him and loved and believed and Charlie and that was good enough for him. 

The ride to the news station was quick and mostly quiet, "Good afternoon, I'm Katie Killjoy."

"And I'm Tom Trench!" the anchors started as they walked backstage. "Chaos out at Pentagram city today as a turf war is raging on the west side between notable kingpin, Sir Pentious, and self-proclaimed spunky powerhouse, Cherri Bomb!"

"That's right, Tom! After the recent extermination, many areas are now up for grabs! Demons all over Hell are already duking it out to gain new territory!"

There was a moment of silence that Colton could only assume was a live clip of Cherri and Sir Pentious's clash. "Those two seem to be really going at it, huh?"

"Looks like they're fighting tooth and nail for that hot spot!" Katie says fishing out a tooth and a nail respectively from her mug then proceeded to swallow them both.

"And I'd sure like to nail her hot spot! Hoohoo!" Tom laughed, making Colton growl. He had always hated sleazy assholes who disrespected women. Even with how bitchy Mimsy had been he had basically worshiped the ground she walked on.

"Haha, you are a limp-dick jackass, Tom! Or should I say no dick?" Katie proceeded to do the only thing Colton could and ever would praise her for. She poured scalding hot coffee onto Tom's crotch.

He curled over in pain, "Ugh...not again!"

"Coming up next, we have an exclusive interview with the daughter of Hell's own head honcho who's here to discuss her brand new passion project! All that and more, after the break!" She crushes her mug in her hand and turns to Tom who's still groaning in pain, "Suck it up, you little bi-!" with that the broadcast cuts off and goes to commercial