Chapter 10: Family

"Xue-er," Luo Bingyu hurriedly approached Luo Xue, checking her from head to toe. To his relief, he saw her unharmed. She seemed to be in much better shape than before, and the weight on his heart was finally lifted.

Luo Bingyu gently smiled. "I'm glad to see that you're fine. Did something happen? Why didn't you come out from the portal?"

As Luo Bingyu asked, he wasn't the only one who noticed Luo Xue's sudden appearance came from the opposite direction of the portal. With one entrance to the realm, it was impossible for anyone to appear anywhere else. Did she forfeit her punishment without their knowledge?

But Luo Bingyu had a vague feeling that the current Luo Xue wasn't the type to do so.

As he expected, Luo Xue said, "I must admit, I do not know. Once my six-month punishment was over, I left the portal, only to find myself in a city known as Central Dragon City, which is located two days away from here."

However, Sun Yi instantly refuted her words as if it were utter nonsense.

"Preposterous!" Sun Yi said. "There is no other entrance to this realm except this portal. Who are you trying to deceive?"

Being falsely accused, Luo Xue was amused.

"No one. I'm speaking the truth, but... you won't acknowledge it."

Observing Sun Yi, he seemed just as clueless as everyone else. Nothing about him hinted he was acting. Since the vocal critic of hers wasn't the one acting against her, who else could be responsible?

Was it... her?

Luo Xue's gaze fell on Hua Yang, who nonchalantly returned her look without any signs of discomfort. Hua Yang was calm, much too calm. Yet, that calmness wasn't a reason for her to raise suspicion. Although no words were spoken between them, they both shared an understanding that she had nothing to do with it.

Luo Xue's eyes narrowed, her smile not reaching the corners of her eyes. If neither of them was the culprit, who would it be? Who would plot against her?

While Luo Bingyu was taking her words into consideration, Sun Yi, who couldn't be more offended by her smile, was on the verge of losing his temper. He sneered, "Truth? Not a single day went by without you causing trouble for everyone. Your repeated acts of hypocrisy and dishonesty have brought dishonour to the sect, and while you may not be bothered by it, it certainly embarrasses me on your behalf. Leave before you make a fool out of yourself again!"

Everyone could hear the sharpness in those words. If words had the ability to kill, Luo Xue would have been stabbed all over.

But instead of getting upset, Luo Xue laughed. "That's not for you to decide."

"Fool! With my authority, you will be—"

"Sun Yi, did you forget something?"

Luo Xue sighed. "I'm here to assume my position as the future peak master of Formless Spring peak."

As soon as she finished her sentence, everyone was dumbfounded before coming back to their senses. After months of her absence, they gradually lost sight of the reasons behind her punishment. One of the reasons was to appease Hua Yang's fury, and the other was to establish her as the future peak master if she survived.

"Absolutely not! I do not agree!" Sun Yi yelled.

"I survived, did I not?" Luo Xue continued, "Or do you mean to say your words are above our sect master's orders?"

Although Luo Xue was still smiling, her eyes revealed a hint of coldness.

Sun Yi was briefly startled before he fell silent, struggling to find his words. Unable to deny her accusation, he gnashed his teeth in frustration.