Chapter 4

They arrived to the house on the outskirts of town; It had a long driveway towards it. The house was well lit, people standing on the wrap around porch. Jay looked into the mirror, one last check. She ran her hands through her hair, teasing it up. Sarah and Jay looked so cool, she thought. Sarah in leggings and flats with amazing legs. Her large glasses made her look like some sort of actor. Jay looked relaxed in her shorts and t-shirt, with some chunky sneakers that looked comfortable.
      There was about ten other cars. Sarah pulled along side a fence. She was nervous, but she could just follow Sarah and Jay. Sarah walked around the car towards her, a worried expression.

      "Stop with the worried look."

      "Is it obvious?"

       "Come.." They walked up the driveway surrounded by trees. A guy was smoking on the porch. He smiled at them as they walked up, "Kyle...this is Bianca, she's new." He raised the joint in welcome to her, and stood to follow them.

       "Hey, want a hit?" He asked.

       "Oh, no thank you." She replied. He shrugged.

      "Make yourself at home. You..Sarah..do not."

       "Hamburglar." Jay whispered. Sarah rolled her eyes. She enjoyed their light hearted banter. The house was nice, clearly they had money. Probably not as much as Dylan. Not Dylan rich. But this place was nice. It opened into a sitting room, filled with people. They walked through towards the kitchen. The table was covered in beer and hard alcohol. Empty cups around the table with two large bowls of ice.
       A tall tanned guy with a football uniform walked over and put an arm around Sarah.

       "This is Bianca, Bianca this is my boyfriend Evan." She nodded and he waved at her.

      "Grab a drink and come upstairs." She grabbed a cup and gave one to Jay who was looking at every bottle. Bianca only watched not sure what to do.

       "This part is very important, you must blend you drinks well. Most of this is trash." She grabbed two bottles, both clear. She poured some in a cup, then the next. Then some sort of lemon soda, that she finished with ice. She handed it to Bianca. She just took it.

       "You don't have to drink, Jay is a bad influence."

       "Do you not drink?"

"It's fine." Jay smiled and made her the exact same thing - and then another for Sarah, "What is it."

       "Vodka, with a lemon alcohol, and lemon soda. It's basic, but drinkable." She sipped it to prove a point. She tried it. It was very lemony, Not bad. It warmed her body after she swallowed the small amount. She had rarely drank, mostly beer that Courtney stole from her father. Definitely not hard alcohol. Drink slow, drink slow, She chanted in her mind. Sarah walked through the kitchen, as they followed.
       There was a staircase on the other side, that rounded to the second floor. A rounded staircase, fancy. The top floor had a large open area, with couches and a tv on the wall, about twelve people talking and playing a game on it. A pool table behind the couch. Evan was there with others. She sipped the drink, just to do something with her hands. A warm rush went through out her again. Drinking is nice, do people know this?

       Sarah walked up to the pool table and grabbed a stick. Looking awfully smug. The man across from her shook his head. He had a baby face, large cheeks that looked adorable she thought. He smiled in a kind way.

      "What are you planning.."

       "Duos!"

       "Duos...really Sarah..you suck at pool.." She scoffed.