💚He loves me. I love him💚

I opened my eyes to the sight of Sam's chest, the memories of the night before flooding my mind. I looked up, seeing him still sleeping peacefully. I snuggled in closer, the warmth of his body all too inviting. Almost instinctively, he tightened his arms around my waist and shoved his face against my hair, making me smile against his chest.

He loves me. I love him.

Something about that fact made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. I'd heard fairy tales and stories of love being this beautiful emotion, but I had no idea, not really. I let the night before play through my mind.

Sam was incredibly sweet and gentle with me, a contrast from his typical brash demeanor. He would check in on me before each step, making sure I was okay and he wasn't pushing too fast. It was my first time, and I knew he wanted to make it perfect for me. He leaned in and kissed me before pushing his enthrallment, ensuring I wouldn't feel any pain, and thrusting into me slowly, torturously slow. He cared so much, and I could feel my heart swell. Eventually he began moving at a consistent pace, my moans being muffled by him kissing me hot and desperately, only pulling apart for our whispers and moans of "I love you."

He loves me. I love him.

I flushed at the memory, but I didn't stay embarrassed for long. Sam began to wake up, groaning and stretching slightly before shifting us so he could look at my face. He slid his arm under my neck and the other continued to drape over my hip as he spoke. "G'morning."

I smiled softly, observing his messy hair and glossy eyes. "Good morning."

Sam moved the hand on my hip to caress my cheek, a small smile tugging at his lips before he leaned in and kissed me lovingly. I responded in kind, adjusting my arms to wrap around his neck. When we pulled away, I couldn't stop staring into his eyes, which were filled with so much love.

He loves me. I love him.

I vaguely remembered Diana returning, waking me up with one last attempt to bring back the incubi. In exchange for the incubi, she offered me anything I wanted, money, power, fame. But her offer was empty, because Sam was all I wanted.

He loves me. I love him.

I spoke, tightening my grip around him. "Hey Sam?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?"

I merely smiled at him. "I love you."

He blushed, but his own smile grew as the words left his mouth easily. "I love you too."

He loves me. I love him.