PART 2 - MONSTERS

The creature resembled a giant octopus, its numerous tentacles reaching skyward, casting a menacing shadow. The young man was startled, taken aback by the presence of this alien entity.

A colossal octopus-like creature, its head positioned in the center of its body, roughly the size of a human. Its head boasted two large, striking eyes and a sharp beak-like mouth situated beneath its body, indicating its strength and potential danger.

Initially, the creature's skin was a dark greyish hue with patterns akin to asteroid rock, granting it the ability to camouflage and blend seamlessly with its surroundings. Yet, its skin now radiated a deep purple glow, appearing smooth and sleek, as if coated with a protective mucus that reduced friction when traversing the rough asteroid terrain.

The creature's movements seemed remarkably agile and nimble, synchronized with the flexible and robust motions of its tentacles. These numerous appendages, extending from the base of its body, swayed and undulated through the air. They aided the creature in navigating the vacuum of space, providing extraordinary propulsion and control.

As the creature moved, its tentacles twisted and danced through the air, creating an illusion of graceful yet frightening motion. Moreover, when the creature retracted its tentacles, it could roll and shift rapidly, pulsating like the heartbeat of a wild beast. The speed of its movements was difficult for human eyes to follow.

The presence of this octopus-like creature evoked a mixture of awe and fear within the young man. He marveled at the beauty and uniqueness of this creature but also felt threatened by its power and potential danger. Furthermore, he struggled to discern the creature's movements clearly, as the only source of light was the small flashlight attached to his helmet.

Suddenly, the creature's tentacles moved swiftly, lashing out towards him like whips. The young man quickly twisted his body, managing to evade the first tentacle strike. However, moments later, more tentacles thrashed through the air, attacking him with incredible speed.

In that critical moment, the young man showcased his extraordinary agility. His body moved with remarkable speed and agility, despite being within the low-gravity asteroid. With the aid of small thruster rockets attached to his elbows, he dodged each threatening attack. He leaped, slid, and rolled on the ground to avoid the dangerous assaults from the tentacles.

Yet, amidst the chaos, he realized that his book had been thrown and landed directly beneath the creature's body. He quickly assessed the situation and spotted an opportunity. One tentacle swayed to the side, providing an opening for the young man to act. With sharp reflexes, he forcefully swung his legs backward, expending the remaining fuel from the thruster rockets on his elbows, and propelled himself towards his book lying beneath the creature. His trembling hand successfully grasped the book, just as his body tumbled over the rock, evading the tentacle strikes aimed at him.

Immediately, the young man decided to flee, disappearing into the darkness enveloping them. The absence of atmosphere caused darkness to shroud the asteroid.

The terrifying tentacled creature no longer pursued him. The young man stowed away the worn book, seemingly more valuable than his own life, into his backpack. He then resolved to continue his journey, seeking ways to survive in this inhospitable environment. The light from his helmet could only illuminate a few meters ahead, leaving most of the asteroid shrouded in total darkness. His strong instinct drove him to move forward, navigating the labyrinth of asteroids laid out before him.

But suddenly, his steps came to a halt. A vast chasm lay stretched out before him...