Almost Her, Even Better

"Well, if I didn't know better I would think you didn't miss me at all." A deep voice startled the curly haired witch. She lost herself in the library, especially when she was reading her favorite book, Hogwarts, A History .

"Draco!" Maia exclaimed excitedly, letting herself fall from the stool, knowing he would catch her.

He chuckled against her mouth, giving in and dominating her in a searing kiss. When he looked deep into her silver eyes, he felt a small pang in his chest, barely missing the amber that once glowed with such self righteousness. Seeing her standing in front of him, looking at him with so much warmth and love helped him see this was better. This was everything he fought so hard for, alive in his arms.

"I've missed you." Draco sighed, burying his face in her thick black curls, at one time they were honey brown that shimmered gold in the sun. It was what drew his attention to her in the first place, all that hair on such a small girl. Now, he finally had her in his arms, she may not be all Hermione Granger but she was close enough. She was Maia Malfoy née Black, freshly minted pureblood, his wife and everything he earned.

"I wish you didn't have to go back there." Maia sighed sadly, helping him take off the dirty, bloodstained robes and throwing them nonchalantly on top of the silver mask.

"Soon, love. Then you can come home and everything will be safe." Draco smiled, his gray eyes soft, watching her move to the small table and pick up her books to put away. He wished he could simply pull her back into his arms but watching her was almost as enjoyable as holding her. "You don't need to do that, the elves can do it."

"We shouldn't depend on Dipsy for everything, Draco. She's getting old." Maia scolded him sternly as she gracefully swept through the aisles of the library, replacing her books. Even after all the years he had known her, she still moved the same way. Then she turned to him with wide, excited eyes. "When you say home...you mean the manor? Could I finally see Hogwarts?"

"Maybe, love. Severus has been very busy since the transfiguration professor ran off." Draco shrugged nonchalantly, trying not to immediately succumb to his lust when she prowled towards him like the lioness she was. Even with years of marriage, he still felt like a teenage boy with his first girlfriend. "Why do you want to see it? Bored of your tutors?"

"Yes, it's lonely. My husband is always busy while I'm stuck here in a chateau with only Mipsy and my droning old wizards." Maia pouted as she leaned on the bookshelf, her eyes downcast. She looked so sad he could not resist closing the distance, looming over her.

"You know I'll bring you any book you want from the manor's library. Anything you could ever desire, my love. Although...all this time studying..." He leered down at her, grabbing her by the hips to grind against her with his pelvis. The little gasp momentarily stalled his thoughts, calculating how long it would take him to remove her pretty silk dress. She smelled sweet and tasted even better when he peppered her neck with slow kisses. "It wouldn't do for my loving wife to be lost in ancient books while I wither away without any affection."

"Mmm...That wouldn't do at all. You're the only man I would ignore my books for...at least that I remember." A small frown marred her face and Draco stiffened, moving away from her neck and bearing his forehead down on hers so she was forced to meet his gaze.

"I am the only man you've ever known, love." Draco snarled, his gray eyes flashed furiously as Maia shrunk away from him. He loosened his grip as he saw the fear in her eyes. Knowing he had to calm down, he took a deep breath, gently cradling her face. Soothingly, he traced her cheeks with his thumbs and whispered softly. "I know you don't remember but it will come back in time, we've been betrothed since we were babes."