Life Without Her

"Oh, Draco! This is amazing!" Maia gushed happily as she sauntered through Hogwarts' extensive library, the Hogwarts library. She hummed happily when she passed the restricted section, she doubted that there was anything more advanced than she could find at home.

"Oh! Excuse me!" A first year Ravenclaw exclaimed in terror when Maia ran into the child, not bothering to pay attention to her surroundings. Draco was only steps behind, glaring down at the small boy. Even outside of his death eater robes, the Malfoy heir was an intimidating wizard.

"No, excuse me! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going!" Maia blushed, bending down to help the blonde boy collect his fallen books and notes. Even though Narcissa and Draco would scold her for it, she was just so excited to meet people and see the legendary Hogwarts library. It was not long after she was finally allowed to come home to England that her husband had arranged with the headmaster for her to be given a tour.

"Th-thank you!" The Ravenclaw boy stuttered, anxiously looking between her warm smile and the scowling blond man behind her.

"You're welcome. My name is Maia Malfoy, pleased to meet you. I'm just so excited to finally see the Hogwarts library." Maia smiled kindly as she stood beside her husband and unconsciously reached out to touch his hand.

"My name is Goldstein, Andrew Goldstein. I've been excited about the library since my brother came to school. Did you not go to Hogwarts?" Andrew asked anxiously, forcing himself to keep still under the blonde's penetrating stare.

"Oh, no I was tutored at home. We had an impressive collection of books but nothing..." Maia trailed off wistfully, looking around at the shelves full of knowledge. Andrew smiled brightly at the pretty witch who shared his love of books.

"Come, love. We must meet Severus for tea." Draco said shortly, placing a hand on his wife's lower back to steer her away. A group of seventh year boys just entered the library and were watching the couple closely, failing at any attempts of being subtle. One look from him sent them scurrying away studying their shoes.

"Oh, well it was lovely to meet you, Andrew! Study hard!" Maia waved cheerily while she was hurriedly led from the library. It was a bit disappointing not to spend more time getting lost in the isles of books. However, she knew that they technically had no reason to be there during the school year. It was only Serverus' favor that allowed them to roam without an escort.

"Next time I'll bring you in the summer and you can have days alone with your books." Draco purred into Maia's hair. She turned to beam at her husband but was caught up in his arms as he pressed her into the stone wall, kissing her harshly.

"Draco! We'll be caught!" Maia gasped when Draco grabbed her by the hips to pull her closer to him. He did not seem disturbed as he claimed her mouth once again in a hungry kiss.

"If only I could get you into a uniform...maybe a prefect badge. You could live out some of my school boy fantasies." Draco whispered huskily into her ear, Maia shivered as her fingers tangled into his soft blonde locks.

"Is that why you brought me here?" Hermione hummed happily as she moved to kiss his jaw. "We have magic...if you can find us a nice broom closet...we can work-" She could say no more as Draco hefted her up and sprinted to the nearest broom closet and pulled out his wand to transfigure her silk dress.

"Perfect..." Draco purred as he stood at arms length to inspect his creation, Maia looked down and giggled. She saw pictures of the uniforms but Draco's version was much shorter and tighter.