If only

Same day, it was night time, they were done with their dinner. Lying on the bed and resting his head on the pillow Shubman was talking with Sara on a call when Ishan came out of the bathroom after freshening up and his eyes trailed towards Shubman.

"Sara, please not again" Shubman implored and Ishan could take a guess what was going on as patting his hairs dry one last time he threw the towel on a sofa before climbing onto the bed beside Shubman and lied on his stomach, gazing at him. Shubman shared a glance with him while prevailing to talk on the call.

Shubman - (clicks his tongue) "What do you mean by I never want to have this conversation? Abhi humne kuch dino pehle hi baat ki thi iss baare mein and I clearly told you that I am not ready yet"

"Calm down" Ishan silently mouthed at him as Shubman let out a sigh hearing Sara rant like there would be no tomorrow.

Shubman - "Toh kya meri choices matter nahi karti, Sara? Fine, think whatever you want"
He coldly retorted before hanging up the call and tossing his phone away.

"Kya hua?" Ishan knowingly asked supporting his head on one hand, a sympathetic smile lingering on his lips as Shubman let out a sigh and turned himself to fully face Ishan, "Same old same old" he monotonously replied.

Despite feeling a pang in his heart, Ishan chuckled a little, he has never liked how Sara's smallest actions affects his bestfriend, "Toh tu aaja na public relationship mein uske saath, I think the whole nation already knows, nothing is hidden you know" he suggested, obscuring his jealousy.

Shubman - "Still giving your own statement is something of a big deal, usko samajh nahi aa rahi yeh baat"

Giving him a soft smile Ishan caressed Shubman's hairs, watching the other soothingly close eyes before he began to withdraw his hand but Shubman caught it in between restricting him to do so.

Shubman - "Karta reh na, acha lagra hai"
He appealed putting Ishan's hand back on his head and closing his eyes. Ishan without saying anything again began to stroke Shubman's hairs hearing him let out a humm of satisfaction blooming glee in Ishan's heart who gently lay his head on the pillow adoring Shubman. He can never deny him, he is just too cute seeking comfort from Ishan and Ishan would give it all to him, give him absolutely anything and everything.

"Wese tera Aditi se breakup kyu hua, you never told me" Shubman casually asked causing Ishan's hand to halt for a moment as Shubman opened his eyes to stare at him. Ishan smiled warmly once again and replied while gently combing Shubman's temple hairs now, "Bataya toh tha, we didn't work out"

Shubman - "Wahi toh puchra hun, what was the reason? Maine tujhse uss waqt pucha nahi because I thought you needed some time" (shrugs a little)

Ishan - "Acha? Bardi jaldi yaad aagaya tereko"

Shubman - (clicks his tongue) "Batana please"

Ishan - (sighs) "I didn't love her"

Ishan accepted openly for the first time. It wasn't suprising for Shubman though the answer did caught him off guard. "I broke up because it was unfair to both of us. She is a nice girl and deserves a lot better"
Ishan continued explaining, his hand not moving now but just resting in Shubman's hairs while his thumb subtly fondled with other's earlobe.

"Tujhse better aur kon hoga? Tu toh sab itne ache se janta hai, sab itne ache se handle kar leta hai. Tujhse better hoga bhi koi?" Shubman innocently stated covering Ishan's hand with his own, gazing at him with puppy eyes.

As much staged as it looked Ishan knew Shubman genuinely meant each and every word.
'Please don't look at me like that' he thought to himself while deeply staring into Shubman's eyes.

Ishan - "Agar itna hi acha hun mai toh tu aaja mere saath relationship mein or chordh de Sara ko"

He evinced with feign humour, only if Shubman knew each word was born from the bottom of his heart. Shubman's eyes widened in chastity even more as if the idea had intrigued him, he gripped Ishan's hand tighter who's heartbeats had totally lost their rhythm by now.

Shubman - "Relationship chordh, mai toh tujhse seedha shadi hi kar leta agar tu ladki hota toh"

The words snapped Ishan back into the reality. Right. He sighed removing his hand before turning himself towards the other direction.

"Goodnight, Shubi" he said switching off the lights and comfortably situating himself, his heart shattering into pieces which he ignored like always, he was so used to it.

Shubman confusingly stared at Ishan before scooting himself closer to him and hugging him from behind as he buried his face into Ishan's nape, nuzzling in it's warmth, serenity engulfing him to the core in contrast to Ishan who pressed his eyes close even tighter, digging his fingers into his palm trying to remain calm, his heart sinking, it was always like this.

Shubman rested his face on Ishan's before softly uttering " Maine kuch galat kaha kya, Ish?".

Ishan gulped opening his eyes and collected himself before answering, "Erm, nahi toh"

Shubman - "Pakka?"

Ishan - "Hmm, pakka"

Ishan sweetly assured, Shubman's face was so near his own that he could feel other's each warm breath, his heart thudding so loud that he wondered if Shubman could hear it. Move away goddammit!

Shubman finally pulled off a little while still hugging Ishan as compactly as ever before he buried his face into Ishan's shoulder instead. Ishan letting out a thankful sigh gulped through his parched throat and closed his eyes once again trying to regain himself.

"Goodnight, Ishu" he heard Shubman mumble, "Goodnight Shubi" he managed to voice out before both of them dozed off.

************************************
I'm not trying to make Sara villian here, I love that girl, she's seems so sweet. Its just all of this is required for plot building. Thank you so much, that's it for today.

I love reading the comments so please leave some.