The most selfless boy ever

Shubman squirmed out of his sleep due to bright sunrays descending on his face as he squinted his eyes open, blocking the acute light with his hand before scanning the room.

Last night's memories flashing in he remembered stumbling into the hotel room. After crying for a good twenty minutes in an alleyway when he went back into the club, Hardik Bhai informed him that Ishan had already left. However, he didn't find him once reaching their shared room, mind being too hazy to think and the headache killing him he ended up falling on bed and drowsing off to sleep and here he was with the worst hangover.

Massaging his temples he managed to get up and freshen up before skipping down to join everyone at the breakfast, finally spotting Ishan there who might have crashed in someone else's room yesterday. Their gazes locked for a few seconds, however, Ishan was the first one to break it when Shubman took a seat right across him.

He hates every second of Ishan ignoring him.

"Tum dono saath kyu nahi beth rahe ho re, kya hua? Ladai hogyi kya?", they heard Jaddu bhai snickering but none of them volunteered to answer as they continued being busy with their breakfast.

"Unki ladai kuch hi der ki hoti hai Jaddu bhai, thordi hi der mein dekhna dono aapas mein chipke honge" Sky remarked as everyone laughed but not a slight change in expressions made way to their faces.

Shubman's eyes flicked towards Ishan twice or thrice, nevertheless, Ishan didn't spare him a single glance, too immersed in taking small bites and conversing with Rohit Bhai in middle.

An awkward tension kept them surrounded throughout the breakfast, albeit, luckily enough hustle and bustle of the dinning area kept it somewhat obscured, they didn't wanted to be teased by their brothers anymore. It would only be like adding fuel the to fire.

Once being done with the breakfast Shubman silently skimmed upstairs to his room, they were leaving today and he still hadn't packed his luggage, he didn't seem to have the energy tho.

Fitting the clothes and other necessities into his suitcase he slid it off to the side and lethargically sat down on the edge of the bed.

The click of door opening seized his attention as he looked up only to find Ishan stepping in

Ishan glancing at him was quick to look away as he closed the door behind himself. Shubman watched him proceeding to the shelf's drawer and taking out some essentials, knowing it was also an excuse to avoid him or else why would he need to unnecessarily clink the lighter on and off at 12:30 in the afternoon.

"Ishan we need to talk" he eventually broke the silence as Ishan halting his fingers took a deep breath, keeping the lighter down and turning around he granted him a bored stare before moving forward to sit beside him as a signal for Shubman to carry on.

Shubman didn't expect him to agree so fast as straightening up a little he tried to form the words, "Tu nahi chal raha kya saath?" he ended up asking innocently.

Ishan furrowed his brows, albeit, responded, "Kyu nahi chalunga?"

Shubman - "Toh fir luggage kyu nahi bandha tune?"

Ishan turned his head on the left as Shubman pursuing his gaze found a suitcase and a backpack settled beside the couch which he didn't seem to notice earlier, Ishan looked back at him watching Shubman's mouth forming a relieved 'Oh'.

Ishan's guise remained constant, his stare as scrutinizing as ever,
Shubman's shoulders dejectedly slouched down and eyes turned low.

Ishan - "Bss? Yehi baat thi?"

Shubman only shook his head in response, Ishan swear he almost melted but swiftly collected himself, giving his self respect some priority.

Ishan - (sighs) "Mat bol fir, mai jaa raha"