"What are we?"

Days went by and sharing kisses became a regular and frequent thing between them, too frequent actually. Sometimes Shubman would sneak Ishan inside the bathroom stall, dressing room corners, or anywhere where they couldn't be seen, to make out with him not being able to resist the temptation and Ishan would gladly join, though, mostly Shubman would always be the first one to initiate such capers. Both felt silly yet so fulfilled at each moment they spent together.

However, no time lasts long, as IPL was nearing they both were acutely aware how they wouldn't be able to see each other, talk to each other, hold each other, touch each other.....kiss each other for days and days, which is exactly why they wouldn't miss any chance to be together currently.

Shubman becomes such a baby in Ishan's embrace, so meek and bashful yet demanding, craving his affection more and more, it becomes hard to recognise him, Ishan's heart inflates with adoration, the shyness he simultaneously feels sometimes at Shubman's boldness drives him insane.

Ishan will never forget the moment when he woke up next morning after the night where they couldn't stop kissing, he had found Shubman already awake, gazing at him with such pure and raw love, such profundity, he had then smiled dimpling his cheeks while lieing on his stomach with his head resting on a pillow the moment Ishan's hazy eyes met his, the smile beamed through the fog within Ishan's orbs immediately clearing his vision, feeling his heart thump loud enough for it to fail was definitely not what Ishan wanted to experience first thing in the morning, albeit, a smile spread on his lips as he extended his hand caressing Shubman's temple who once again liquified against the touch while shyly nestling his face into the pillow and scooting closer to Ishan.

They just couldn't get enough of each other, 'enough' didn't seem to draw any sense while they were in each other's proximity, 'enough' didn't matter, 'enough' had no boundaries, 'enough' had no limits, 'enough' was the mere delusion they were trying to shatter, 'enough' was the reality they were trying to surpass , submerging deeper and deeper in one another yet 'enough' still wouldn't fathom the depth of their bond, their touches, their embraces, the connection of their lips, thrashing of their heartbeats, intensity of their love.

Would you call it love? The word 'love' itself seems small to define what they have, what they have is beyond a meagre term.

Sometimes Ishan would find Shubman staring at him in the middle of conversation with other teammates, or while playing, practicing, performing any task and in the manner the boy gazed at him made Ishan weak in the knees, sharing of sudden glances or stealthy touches affected both of them in the same way.

"Shubi, leave my hand, koi dekhlega yaar", Ishan whispers nearing his face to Shubman who wouldn't leave his hand under the table while they were having team lunch.

"Shubman", Ishan mouths, warning him as the aforementioned grins wider clasping his hand even tighter under the table, his eyes containing mirth while he utters, "Koi nahi dekh raha, sab apne mein hain"

It is true, everyone seems to mind their own business, eating, chit-chatting, though, Shreyas's stare is differently fixated on the duo while his arms are crossed on his chest, "Kya kar rahe ho tum dono", he interrupts giving into his curiosity as Shubman abruptly let's go of Ishan's hand and both looks at him, Ishan doesn't miss the chance to stomp Shubman's foot under the table who inwardly winces but doesn't let it reflect on his face, "Kuch bhi toh nahi", he composedly answers Shreyas who silently looks away being convinced after a few seconds.

Shubman shifts his gaze onto Ishan and finds him glaring but just one smile is sufficient to make Ishan break the eye contact and go back to nibble on his food.

It's funny how it's Shreyas only who almost caught them kissing in bathroom stalls twice, 'almost'.

"Why do we have to hide it? It's nothing we didn't used to do before", Shubman specifies leaning in a bit for him to be audible and Ishan remains quiet avoiding his sight, statement making sense in his mind.