Imagine 8: Set Up Date🐞

pairing: Y/N x Lucifer

requested by my friend, hoplessromantic4356 😊

*summary: Y/N is Charlie's friend, and to Charlie, she is like a mother figure. So one day, Charlie comes up with the idea to invite both Y/N and Lucifer to dinner, only to try and set them up, which starts off a bit awkward, but overtime, Lucifer and Y/N start to click*

*Charlie's POV*

Charlie's mother by blood, Lilith, had left going on over seven years ago, for reasons...Charlie couldn't understand why.
Nor has she ever known why, the answers to her questions remain kept from her to this day.

Charlie at first believed that her mother would attempt to stay in touch during her absence from Hell but...she never did. No matter the hundreds of voicemails and text messages Charlie's left her--whether asking about how Lilith is doing or talking about the Hazbin Hotel--Lilith never replied back.

And overtime...Charlie just gave up, the final voicemail left to Lilith was about how the interview at 666 News didn't do well.
But that voicemail was six months ago.

A lot had changed during those six months. A well-known demon Overlord named Alastor joined the hotel staff, arriving in Hell after a seven-year absence. Charlie's father, Lucifer, tried his best to get Charlie a meeting with Heaven to discuss her hotel's possible success, only for the meeting to end...badly.

And for Hell to rise and rage war when the Extermination did come, ending with the original hotel crumpling, Adam being killed by Niffty, and for everyone to join together to rebuild the new Hazbin Hotel, which Charlie stands in now, curiously glancing towards your direction when she sees you're sitting at the newly built bar in mid conversation with Vaggie.

If there's one thing Charlie will point out, and always remember...is how YOU were there since day one. Since the day Charlie was on 666 News and ended up in a fistfight with Katie Killjoy.
You stood beside her and cheered her on during times when Charlie began to lose hope and faith.

You were the one to keep her standing, to keep her head on straight and her confidence strong.

Almost like...a mother.
Charlie exhales a little breath, before glancing down at her phone which buzzed in her pocket suddenly.
A text from her dad, simply asking if Charlie needed anything.

She smiles softly, beginning to type, before she stops, an idea coming to her head.
Charlie glances your way once more, an excited grin forming on her face as the strings in her head click.

For a while, Charlie's always felt like you were a mother figure to her. And since Lucifer is slowly beginning to break out of his shell which is depression and trying to get out there more...

Maybe...

Charlie texts her dad.

Charlie❤:
"Hey dad I'm alright for now, thxs! :) But there was something I've been wanting to ask. How'd you feel about joining me at Hell's Kitchen this weekend? There's someone I want you to meet!!!😃"

Charlie presses send and waits for his reply.
A few seconds' pass...then four...then five...before...

Lucifer🐥:
"Dinner at Hell's Kitchen does sound fun. But, not to be rude or anything, can't it be just you and me...?"

Charlie❤:
"Don't worry dad, she's really nice😊 I think you'll like her🤭"

Charlie smirks. Even though she can't see him, she knows he's probably blushing.
It's been a while since Lucifer's been out. He doesn't even have friends really--his rubber ducks that he CLAIMS are friends aren't really...they're toys--and since Charlie likes you, she thinks you're her dad's perfect match. Whether as friends, or something more.