Imagine 10: Ballroom Dancing💃

pairing: Y/N x Lucifer

*summary: After the newly built Hazbin Hotel, Charlie tells everyone to grab a dance partner to practice ballroom dancing for a celebratory ball that's being held soon. Y/N though, ends up getting paired with Lucifer as her dance partner for the lesson*

requested by Fallyjolly724

*Your POV*

"Okay people!" Charlie suddenly enters the longue where everyone else is sitting and waiting for her arrival. This morning over the hotel staff's morning breakfast, she announced that everyone would be taking ballroom dancing lessons for the big ball that will be coming up in about two weeks.

You couldn't help but feel uneasy about the whole ordeal, for you lack experience when it comes to dancing. You usually danced by yourself, and even then, it wasn't a certain step or style, it was all a mix of arm swings, feet taps, and leg kicks. Ballroom dancing however would be a little bit more step-by-step, one two three four.

So...yeah, let's hope you won't break the toes of whoever your dance partner will be today.
"Now, today we will be practicing ballroom dancing!" She exclaims excitedly, "I will pair everyone with someone who knows how to ballroom dance sooooooo..." Charlie purses her lips, eyes bouncing around the crowds of people.

"Hmm, I know how to dance, so does Dad, and...Alastor does?"

"Indeed I do!" He smiles, "I'm quite good at it if I do say so myself."
Lucifer rolls his eyes. "Suck up."

You giggle softly.

"Okay then! I got it figured out!" She points, "Angel, you'll be paired with Husker."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Husker exclaims, seeming a bit furious to be paired with Angel, who simply smirks at the upset cat demon.
Another chuckle escapes your lips at the thought of the eight-foot-tall spider demon dancing with the half sober, grumpy bartender.

"Alastor, you'll dance with Niffty," her brow suddenly frowns. How would that even work? Niffty can barely reach anyone's hands, and Alastor is seven feet tall.
Alastor chuckles, bending forward a little to take Niffty's hands into hers to attempt at the dance lesson.

"I'll dance with Vaggie, and daaaaaaaaad," Charlie says in a teasing manner, pointing at him slyly. "You get to dance with Y/N."
"What?" Both you and Lucifer say at the same time, eyebrows raising as your heads turn to glance a look at each other.

A dance with the King of Hell himself? And the fact that you lack dancing experience, and you're paired with HIM for a first dance lesson?!
You shell up nervously, and Lucifer can clearly see it. Even he himself doesn't really want to do this, but at the same time, he just can't so no to his char char.

So, with a soft exhale, he agrees with a nod of his head. Charlie squeals, running off to take Vaggie's hand as Alastor snaps his fingers for some ballroom dance music to turn on and play, to set the mood perfectly, as if everyone is experiencing a ball of their own.

As everyone begins to dance, Lucifer turns towards you, swallowing a bit when he notices that he's about two inches shorter than you. He hates that...
With a clear of his throat, he begins to explain. "Okay so, just...follow my lead, alright? I'll move slow and explain along the way."

A wave of nervousness floods your chest when you feel his hand takes your, and his other hand place at your waist, pulling you slowly and gently closer to him.
Oh dear Hell...

With ease, Lucifer begins to step back, then forward, slowly easing you into the steps of the dance, before picking up his pace ever so slightly and spinning you.
Your chest fluttered softly when you were spun by Lucifer. Someone who to your eyes is...quite the handsome man, and quite the angelic being.

A blush forms on your cheeks, and he chuckles to himself. It's been a while since he's danced with a woman. Probably since his wedding day with Lilith all those years ago. Since then, he's simply danced with rubber ducks though that's not something he'd ever admit to everyone.

But still, this was something he didn't expect would go...pretty well.
Let's take it up a notch.

He spins you, leading with a low dip, which causes a soft gasp to leave your lips.
Lucifer smirks, snapping his fingers to summon a rose and tuck it in between your teeth, as his spare hand softly...slowly...teasingly...runs down the side of your leg.

Your blush deepens even more feeling his touch before he suddenly lifts you back up and continues to follow the proper steps of the dance lesson.
Off in the distance, Charlie notices the dancing between you and Lucifer, and she can't help but smile excitedly. This is the most she's seen her dad genuinely smile in years...and deep down, it makes her happy.

She can't help but hope that perhaps there will be some chemistry forming between the two of you.
Lucifer's hands suddenly grasp your waist as he lifts you off the ground when the music hits a high note, spinning you in midair until the high note ceases.

As he sets you back down, he pulls you closer, teasingly tucking a strand of hair behind your and smirking.
"Bow-wow-wow," he remarks teasingly, winking a playful wink as he laughs softly.

Your cheeks are on fire.

As the song slowly reaches its end, Lucifer spins you with one hand, before using both arms to dip you, purposely doing it just so that he could get closer to your face and neck, seeming entranced by you, or the perfume you're wearing, you couldn't tell.
Still though, him being this close made your heart pound.

"Good dancing," he whispers, a bit breathless and hot from the dance, "we should do this more often, wouldn't you agree?"
You nod, probably a little too excited. But he loves it.
He smirks. "Good girl," he lifts you back up, patting your hand before turning to go and take a seat on the couch since the lesson is over. Seeming a bit smug in his stride, proud of the fact he managed to fluster you so easily.

He's still got it, that's for damn sure. You're proof enough for him to see that.
Hmm, perhaps next lesson he should convince Charlie to teach tango. That way...he could a little closer to you.