Prologue

The Great Hall was filled with the chatter of students

The Great Hall was filled with the chatter of students. The Gryffindor table had four boys huddled together planning their next big end of the year prank. On the Slytherin table another group of four boys were sitting together and three of them were hearing the boy with aristocratic features talk about a girl he had been seeing.

On the same table of green and silver there was also a group of three girls, the two identical twins comforting their friend over her family disowning her. Well it was more like one of them was comforting her while the other was glaring daggers at the red-head's brother and explaining in gruesome detail just how she would maim him.

All the chatter stopped when suddenly a group of confused people came inside with letters in each of their hands. This group included the Potter's with their 14 year old daughter who went to Durmstrang, The Malfoys, Greengrass', Blacks, Weasley's, the recently disowned Black sister, Andromeda Black with her boyfriend and many more ministry officials.

Just as Dumbledore rose from the podium a letter appeared in front of him, he quickly skimmed the contents of the letter and his eyes glimmered with its usual twinkle.

'It appears the night is not over yet and we still have some more guests coming to join us.'

Euphemia Potter was about to walk towards her eldest when she saw her youngest run past her, and opposite to the direction James sat. This confused Euphemia as she was sure Kallista had no friends in Hogwarts and her relationship with her brother had been far too rocky for her to know his friends.

Her daughter leapt into the arms of the younger Black and Euphemia knew at that moment, judging by her eldest's stare, her children's relationship with one another, which was already hanging by a thread, had completely snapped and the only person she could blame was herself. For the first time, sensing her husband's glare on her, the woman who defied death and her own family to marry a man, felt truly lost and hopeless.

'What are you doing here ma chérie?' The husky voice traveled down her spine and Kallista could feel the smug bastards smirk on her neck as his grip on her tightened. But, before she could answer another bang occurred and in front of them stood a group of young adults who were coughing and glaring at a blonde girl who was smiling innocently.

Kallista felt her heart break when the girl's smile fell as their eyes met. She could only wonder what she did that upset the unknown girl. Was it my beauty?

On the other hand, Elara felt the breath knock out from her lungs when she saw the woman she murdered standing there in the arms of her uncle, happy, innocent and carefree. It was at that moment Elara wondered, would she have been much happier and this carefree if she wasn't stuck between two men because of whom she lost each and every person close to her. It must have been agonizing to watch everyone you care about fall dead one after the other, like ants.

Hermione introducing them and explaining the situation was all a blur to her as she focused on the wom-no girl with hazel eyes. She snapped out of her trance when they decided to start with introductions starting with her brother.

'U-uh Well.' Draco stuttered a bit before clearing his throat and reminding himself who his mother was. 'Merry meet, I am Draco Malfoy and this is my sister Elara, twin to be precise, we are 19 and our parents are Lucius Malfoy and Kallista Potter.'

Out of the two twins Draco was always more observant than Elara, he noticed things that she didn't. He noticed how his father turned to look at the younger version of his mother, he noticed how his uncles jaw clenched more than it had already been, he saw his uncle Regulus' defeated expression and he saw how his mother's calm smile was wiped off her face and her calm eyes changed to blazing storms, the storms he had grown up seeing in his mother's eyes.

At this moment, Draco realized with a bittersweet smile that in the end it was never Lucius Malfoy or Tom Riddle it was always Regulus Black.

'Leo Black, 19 son of Regulus Black and Ember Fawley' Ember looked at her son then his father. Noticing the tight hold he had on the Potter girl and his crumpled expression she knew then and there that this was the man who would make her love him then stomp on her heart and continue to shatter the already shattered parts more and more till they were nothing more than dust. She also knew that she'd let him do this with a smile on her face.

'Diana Potter and my twin Harry Potter, 19 and children of James Potter and Carina Greengrass.' The smile falling off of her father's face made her feel the expression Draco's face held. Looking at her mum's face, her mum who was 14 years old, as she clutched her best friend she realized that Evan was right; they were all just children who were expected to stop a war that wasn't theirs. They were children stuck repenting the consequences of the marriages that wouldn't last. And the part that sucked the most was that the consequences were, in this case, her and her friends.

'Polaris Black, 18, daughter of Sirius Black and Nyx Yaxley.'

'Caspian Rosier, 20, son of Evan and Violet Rosier.'

As the other's went on with the introductions the majority of the hall's students held gloomy expressions. Regulus and Kallista wouldn't have each other, James wouldn't have Lily, Carina wouldn't have her freedom and Ember wouldn't have the heart of the father of her son.

'So shall we start?' Questioned Polaris choosing to ignore the gloomy looks on the faces of the people they had just watched die less than four years ago.

The Marauder's sat far away from the Slytherin's, the Drumstrang girls (Carina and Kallista) sat in the other corner, the Slytherin girls along with some others in another direction.

Elara was in a dilemma, now that she was actually going to save her mother and not let her die, she wondered was it better to just live with her mum's memory and the false reality of Kallista and Lucius or was it better to just accept the reality that it was always Regulus and Kallista, and her father and Tom were the problems. The two problems that had led to her losing so many people she cared about much like her mother and the problems because of which her mother was dead.

*******************************************

1195 words

Hey!!!

My name is Isa and if you like reading dark romance, mafia romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller and more you might want to go and check out my page. Give me suggestions of what you might want to read, vote for the chapters you like, comment your thoughts and give me a follow to keep up with my future work and show your support.

Love, Isa