Why Do They Call It a French Kiss?

Cas snuggled into my side a little more while we sat on the couch watching an old black and white French romance movie. Since everything is in French we couldn't understand it but for some reason Cas loves these types of movies.

     It was nearing the end of the movie and Cas had fallen asleep. I stopped the movie and carried him up to my room in the bunker. Cas has been sleeping a lot lately due to the fact that he just lost his grace and is handling all these human needs and feelings in a strange way.

     As I put him down gently on the bed he groaned a little. I smiled at his cuteness. I turned to walk out and as I reached the door I heard Cas say my name quietly. "Dean?" I turned back towards him and said "Yeah Cas?" and smiled gently. "I'm not tired. I want to finish the movie with you." he said sleepily. I laughed and walked back over to the bed and said "Go to sleep Cas." I bent down and kissed him passionately on the lips and then stopped and turned to walk out. He watched me with a goofy yet giddy smile on his face.

     As I reached the door and pulled it open for a second time he said "Dean?" And I laughed and turned. "Go to sleep Cassie whatever it is can wait till you wake up." "but this is really important." he said sounding a little disappointed. "Alright, but then you need to sleep." he smiled and sat up. "Why do they call it a French kiss?" he said giddily with a grin on his face. I started laughing and couldn't stop till Cas said "Dean? What's so funny? it was a serious question." I kept laughing to myself and said "while you sleep I will find out." he smiled and lay back down.

     I closed the door thinking about the answer to his question and how lucky I was to find someone who would ask silly questions just to learn.

~A/N~

I was inspired to write this one because this is something I have wondered for a long time now and in my research I found it was because when the French do kiss, they do it for a very long time so much so that people from other countries wonder how they can possibly stay glued together for so long...hehe. So I guess you could say that the French they kiss uniquely.