AVELA'S ARRANGED MARRIAGE CHAPTER 2

                                  •CHAPTER 2•

AVELA MKHIZE

I woke up in a car-a moving car. The only thing that I remember is fainting and nothing else. I saw him, the person that I last saw last year-Zwakele Khumalo. What is he doing here? Why am I in the same car as him? Am I dreaming? If I am then why am I seeing the person that I dislike?

Zwa: Hey wifey. (Smiling)

No-No-No-No-No-No. I must be dreaming-I'm dreaming right? I pinched myself-it's not a dream. Did they marry me off to Zwakele Khumalo?

Avela: What am I doing here? (Confused)
Zwa: You are on your way to your in-laws' house.
Avela: Last time I checked I wasn't married.
Zwa: You should re-check then.
Avela: Mxxm, where is my phone?
Zwa: Well you won't be needing it.

I looked outside the window.

We finally arrived at the Khumalo resident.

Zwa: We are here.
Avela: I can also see that. (Pissed)

We got out off the car and went inside the mansion. MaKhumalo opened the door for us.

Avela: Sawubona Ma.
MaKhumalo: Unjani mntanami? (Smiling)
Avela: I'm not okay, is this a prank or something?
Zwa: (He buried his hands inside his pockets) We don't have time to prank people, especially you.
Avela: Zwakele I didn't invite you in our conversation, and I'm 100% sure that your mother also didn't bother herself to.
Zwa: I didn't need your stupid invite.
Avela: As I was saying Ma, before I was interrupted by your ugly son.
Zwa: It will sound better if you just say "My ugly husband"
MaKhumalo: Avela, you'll be using Zwakele's room.
Avela: He'll use one of the guest's room?
Zwa: NO, we are sharing wifey.
Avela: Can you shut up!!? (Irritated)
Zwa: No.
MaKhumalo: (Smiling) I'll leave you two to it. Avela after freshening up please come to help me prepare dinner.
Zwa: Follow me. (He commanded)

I will never be told what to do.

Zwa: (In a stern voice) I will not repeat myself Avela Khumalo!!

I decided to follow him, he opened a door leading to a room that had a black and white interior design. It was huge and I'm sure that it has a walk-in closet and an ensuite bathroom. I have always know that Zwakele's family was rich, but this-Wow.

Zwa: Go and freshen up, then go downstairs and do exactly what my mother tells you to do.
Avela: Zwakele I won't be doing everything that you tell me to do.

He held my wrist and twisted my arm roughly and stood behind me.

Zwa: (He whispered to my ear) Avela, I'm not your friend.
Avela: (Tears rolled down from my eyes) Zwakele uyangilimaza.
Zwa: I am your owner, you should obey my rules-do you hear me? (I nodded) Speak up!!
Avela: Yes, I hear you. (Crying)

He pushed me and I fell on the floor.

Zwa: Quickly go and freshen up.

I quickly stood up and ran towards a door and luckily it was the bathroom. I closed the door and sank on the floor, I let out a loud sob.

Zwa: We don't have the whole day!! (Shouting)

His voice frightened me and I quickly stood up and went to take a shower. I took a quick shower then wore the clothes that I was wearing, because I don't want this monster to see me half naked. When I got out of the bathroom he was not in the room and my suitcases were next to the bed. I quickly took a trackpant and a Hoodie. The main bedroom door opened and he walked in. He came closer to me, he snatched the clothes that I had on my hands from me.

Zwa: Were you thinking of wearing this?
Avela: No-No (I said shaking with fear)
Zwa: Mmm.

He bent next to the suitcase and chose a long tight dress with long sleeves. He threw it on my face. I took the dress and my toiletries then went back to the bathroom and locked the door. I moisturized my body then wore the dress. Then I went out and stood next to the bathroom door.

Zwa: You are done?
Avela: Yes.

He threw a scarf on the floor.

Zwa: Cover your hair.

I picked it up and wrapped my head with it.

Zwa: You know your way downstairs.

I didn't say a word, I went downstairs and searched for the kitchen and I finally got it and I found MaKhumalo busy in the kitchen.

Avela: (Crying) Ma, I can't do this Zwakele is violent.
MaKhumalo: Rule number one; Obey your husband and rule number two; What happens in your marriage shouldn't be known by anyone besides you and your husband.
Avela: But he will end up hitting me. (Crying) Look at my wrists!

She didn't even bother to look at my wrists. What kind of a woman is this? She took out vegetables and placed them infront of me.

MaKhumalo: Peel and clean these, then slice them. I want to make salads.

I just did what she said, she kept giving me more tasks until we finished cooking. I went to set the table, and put the food on the table.

MaKhumalo: Go and tell your husband that the food is ready.

I went upstairs and I food Zwakele talking to someone on his phone.

Zwa: I'll come over tonight...Me too. (He hanged up)
Avela: The food is ready.
Zwa: I'm coming.

I went back downstairs and Zwakele came after me.

MZWANDILE MKHIZE

My father has summoned me to his office and now I am here.

Mzwa: Khabazela.
Dad: Mzwandile, thank you for coming. I have something to discuss with you, it's about Avela's arranged marriage.
Mzwa: I'm listening.
Dad: You remember 23 years ago that our family was in danger?
Mzwa: Yes, I remember but I was still 10 years old. The Khumalos are the ones that helped us right?
Dad: Yes they did, by that time I was still starting our drug business. I didn't have money and the power to fight for my family. So they helped us under one condition.
Mzwa: Let me guess, they wanted Avela to get married to their one and only son Zwakele?
Dad: Yes, now the lobola was just a bonus because our agreement stated that after their official wedding we will work together and join forces.
Mzwa: Really? (Surprised)
Dad: Yes.
Mzwa: But dad, Zwakele is not a good guy.
Dad: I have watched him grow up.
Mzwa: He is a changed man now.
Dad: As long as she is alive then all is good.