AVELA'S ARRANGED MARRIAGE CHAPTER 4

                                •CHAPTER 4•

AVELA MKHIZE-KHUMALO

It's been 2 weeks of hell now, ever since Zwakele caught me on the phone with  Mzwandile he decided to tie me up on a chair in the closet. I don't even know why I'm still here, why didn't Mzwandile do something. Maybe he doesn't know that we are here. The lights went on and the door opened. He walked in wearing his boxers only.

Zwa: Good morning wifey. (smiling) It's a new day and I am happy today, please don't spoil my mood, are you hungry?

I nodded because my mouth was taped, So I couldn't shout for help nor talk.

Zwa: Okay, wait for me.

He wore his Black three piece suit with a black shirt then went downstairs. After about 20 minutes he walked in with a tray full of breakfast. He removed the tape from my mouth, the smell of rotten eggs hit me like a train and I had an urge to vomit.

Zwa: Here is your breakf-

I vomited on the food and his suit got stained.

Zwa: AVELA KHUMALO!!
Avela: I'm Sorry, the eggs smell bad, are they rotten?
Zwa: I bought grocery yesterday.

Oh no, these are the symptoms of pregnancy. This always happen in the movies.

Avela: No-No-It's can't be. (Crying)
Zwa: It can't be what? (Confused)
Avela: I can't be pregnant.
Zwa: You are pregnant? (Surprised)
Avela: NO!! (Crying)

He changed the suit and wore Black and White Nike tracksuits then left. After an hour he came back with a small plastic. He untied me then threw the plastic at me.

Zwa: Go and test.

I took the plastic then walked to the bathroom. I took all the four home pregnancy tests. I then waited for 3 minutes. I am scared to even check the results.

Avela: Zwakele!! (Shouting)

He came running into the bath room.

Zwa: Is it positive?
Avela: Check it for yourself, I'm scared.

He checked the instructions from the box then checked all of the sticks.

Zwa: They are all positive. (Smiling) WE ARE PREGNANT!!

He attacked me with a hug and I fainted.

SIBONGILE MKHIZE

I am worried about my daughter, I know that she is married now, but her not calling me for full 2 weeks-No, that's not my daughter.

I went to the Khumalo resident. They let me in at the gate and I went inside. I rang the bell then MaKhumalo opened the door for me.

Sibongile: (Smiling) Nokukhanya.
Khanyi: Sibongile, what brings you here? Come on in.

I came in and she led me to the living room, I sat down.

Sibongile: (Smiling)I came to check on my daughter, how is she holding up?
Khanyi: Well she left with Zwakele about 2 weeks ago and went to Jo'bung (She sat down)
Sibongile: Oh, really? (surprised) I thought she was still performing her duties as the Khumalo wife.
Khanyi: She didn't tell you?
Sibongile: No.
Khanyi: Do you want something to drink?
Sibongile: No, I'm okay. I will just leave now.
Khanyi: Okay.

I went back home, so Muzi has been lying to me all along why did he lie, is my daughter in any kind of danger ? I got home and called Mzwandile.

Mzwa: Mamzo.
Sibongile: Hey, how are you doing?
Mzwa: I am good and how are you Ma?
Sibongile: I'm not okay, Avela is not answering my calls, can you please give me Zwakele's number?
Mzwa: Uhmm,sure. I'll send it in a minute.
Sibongile: Okay, bye then. (I hanged up)