Entry 5:

Lights dazzled and danced and died in the darkening nightime sky. An doesn't like my idea of going to the school dance with Airi, so Kohane goes instead. 

Kohane and An arrive like a package to the entrance of the sock hop. Everyone was dancing like nuts, peanuts to be exact. Kohane clinged onto An as they made their way through the crowd for some punch. 

I never really liked big crowds such as these. "Wow, the dancefloor is just like a flock of fluttering peacocks!" I comment.

"Come on Kohane! Let's show everyone our sick dance moves!" An exclaims and dragged me to the dance floor. We got into the groove and soon Kohane's feet were flying.

Then the DJ mixes it up to a slow romantic mood song. Kohane and An lock hands and sway to the cool beats.

"You look like a radiant shining sun as bright as a volcano on fire." Kohane complimented with a tomato red face.

"You look better than Airi." An replied.

We both lean in for the kiss, however, it suddenly starts to rain! "Wait! An-chan, why is it raining inside!?" I Kohane squealed.

"Look! It's the fire sprinkler department!" An exclaims. 

Everyone stops the grooving and stares in shock. We are drenched but I don't care and everyone resumed dancing. I stand on my tippy toes to steal a kiss once more but then something crackles and explodes at our feet! I catch sight of pink bubblegum flower hair turn away outside an open window as the whole shin dig is thrown into panic. Me and An give chase and run out of the smoky dance room.

Kohane and An catch up to Airi and her goons. "What was that for??" An undulated.

Airi barks back, "You didn't go to the dance with me! And instead you went with birdy nerdy Kohane!" 

Kohane hidesen behind An throughtout the confrontation.

"We're settling this once and for all!" An stomped her foot and glared.

Airi gave her a mean angry look. "Fine! Meet us tomorrow behind the school, and don't you forget it!" She then turned away and walked off with a flip of her hair, her slimy snakey friends Saki and Minori trailing behind.

"Tomorrow you're toast!" Yells Haruka from beside me.

"Yeah!! Burnt toast!!" An adds.

I don't like conflict. It makes me sad. But when tomorrow comes, I know exactly what mom wants me to do.