Ch-4: Evade The Enemy

Luna's POV

I fled the area of where the escape pod landed and took what supplies I could scrounge up from the wreckage. I knew I was in a real bad spot, since I was a Rebel and the Empire would be looking for survivor's.

I had to find somewhere to hang low from the Empire until hopefully I could be rescued by Mason's friend. I didn't know Mason all to well only that he was Mercenary but someone who seemed more caring about what he was doing then the credits.

It helped as well since I had telepathic powers due to being a Zeltron, I could read his emotions and sensed he was genuine in all of his actions. I have been working for the Rebellion for over two years now and have been trying my best to help those in need.

I started off on Zeltros and at a early age I was very compassionate of others, I wanted to help people which fit right in for a society that is known for its passion and Empathy. So I became a doctor healing people of their wounds but also I had a calling to be a diplomat as well both professions I loved doing.

But when the Galactic Empire tightened its grip on the galaxy, I knew I couldn't stand idly by while tyranny reigned supreme. I joined the Rebel Alliance, and offered my expertise as a doctor and diplomat, providing medical aid to wounded rebels and negotiating alliances with sympathetic worlds. This helped greatly with our cause Mon Mothma even said I should run for senate when the war was over which made me laugh.

I was brought out of my thoughts as I had made a good distance from and the crash site. I stopped for a bit in order to rest and try to get my bearings of my surroundings. I took out a ration bar and ate as I was starving from all the running that I was doing.

As I was resting I looked over the honing beacon Mason gave me. It seemed in tact which was a plus for me. But as I said that to myself while chewing my ration, I looked back to the crash site. Only to see a Stardestroyer burst out of Hyperspace and hover over the planets surface.

I knew then that my time here was now numbered as I needed to find a way off this planet or I was going to be hunted down by the Empire. So I ran as fast as I could, I headed deeper in the forest with hopes that I could find a place worth hiding in.

Author's POV

Davin was sitting in his pilot's chair as the Black Arrow was flying through Hyperspace. He let Scythe take control of the ship as he went to get ready for their mission. Going down to the lower deck to get his weapons and gear assembled.

Davin first went over his armour as he wanted to make sure everything was in line. His armour was of course made of beskar which is one of the 3 most strongest metals in all of the Galaxy.

Like many other Mandalorians, he had adorned his armor with meaningful colors that reflected his beliefs. The orange hues symbolized Davin's unwavering passion for freedom, while the black accents represented his commitment to justice. As for his weapon of choice, Davin wielded the formidable DG-44 Heavy Blaster Revolver, renowned for its raw power capable of penetrating the defenses of even the most heavily armored adversaries, second only to beskar, of course.

He also carried a Galaar-15 Blaster Carbind for when engagements got out of the range of his revolver. It was reliable piece of tech that was made by Mandalorians weapon smiths. And lastly but not the least, was Davin's Vibro-sica knife which he used when things got real close and dirty.

After making sure all of his gear was ready Scythe announced on the ship's speaker comms that they were arriving to their destination. Davin went up to the bridge and took his seat next to him as they exited Hyperspace.

But as they came out of Hyperspace their ship was confronted by a Star Destroyer hovering near what looked to be a Destroyed light cruiser and the remains of a other ship......

"Davin.... that's Mason's ship." Scythe said to him as they passed the remains of the destroyed ship's. As they did theur ship was automatically hailed by the ISD that was surveying the area.

"Attention, unidentified vessel. This is the Imperial Navy conducting an investigation. Please identify yourself immediately. Failure to comply will result in further action." The ISD Captain ordered then.

"Scythe, relay an old identifying number," Davin instructed his co-pilot, who complied by adjusting his vocal box to mimic a human voice.

"Imperial Star Destroyer, this is vessel 87956, en route to deliver premium goods to the Imperial Governor of Mandalore," Scythe announced, maintaining composure. After a brief silence from the ISD the ships captain gave them the green light to pass.

"You are free to go." The Captain announced, letting The Black Arrow pass the massive star Destroyer. As Davin flew the ship he followed where the transponder was taking him. While Scythe was trying to locate where the beacon was exactly on their sensors.

"Davin, I have a read on Mason's escape pod. It's coming from the planet Mandallia." Scythe told Davin.

"That's a relief. It means he survived the crash. Let's lock onto the beacon signal and touch down away from the wreckage to avoid detection by any Imperial scans sweeping the vicinity." Davin told Scythe as he flew his ship onto the Planet of Mandalia away from the Imperial presence.

As Davin and Scythe landed away from the crash site, Luna had spotted their ship as she hid within the trees. She didn't know if they were Imps or Mason's friends coming to rescue her so observed them from a distance.

But before she could go and risk meeting them, an Imperial drop ship came down from orbit. She watched as the ship landed near the crashed escape pod, as a platoon of of Stormtroopers investigated the area.

So Luna stopped herself and went deeper into the forest in order to try and lose them.

End of the chapter