Ch-10: A Peaceful Place

Davin's POV

I got dressed after me and Luna had our little chat and for some reason I felt a smile had been forming on my face for sometime. It felt good and made it happy having someone around that was as warm as she was.

Don't get me wrong, I love Scythe like a brother but his personality is alot more darker than mines and it's rubbed off on me for sometime now. But even he was starting to change with Luna around......

As I said that to myself my smile started to fade. She won't be around for long though..... the fact jumped into my head as I knew she was going to be leaving soon, back to join the Rebellion.

I just sighed to myself a bit but still kept a slight smile though. Not because she was leaving but because atleast she would be going back to her people to fight for her cause......

That last part weighed still a bit on me, but I shooked it off as my duty to my clan still held me to it. But it started to fade the more I thought of it. I brought myself out of my thoughts and got dressed in my armour and holstered my blaster to my hip before exiting my room.

I came out only to be greeted by Luna, who w a still waiting on me. She looked up and smiled as she saw that I was ready.

"You ready, Dav?" She said to me which threw me off as we both started heading to the exit of the ship to link up with Scythe.

"Dav???" I asked her confused by her shortening of my name.

"Yeah Dav, it sounds nice doesn't it? I mean your names already short but I think it has a nice ring to it." She told me as we got to the exit of the ship.

"Hmm Dav... I like it." I told her as the doors to ship opened revealing us the town we had landed in. We all exited the ship as we looked around only to see a humble place with settlers and townsfolk walking about.

"Alright where too?" I asked Luna as I felt she would be the one to know what to do in her situation.

"Well, I've never been here before. But usually a contact or someone sent by Bail would have already be here to rendezvous with me. I usually start at the bar good place to be in public but hidden." Luna explained to us.

"Well lead the way." Scythe said as we both followed Luna as she lead the way through town. As we walked I felt the stares of the townsfolk who looked up and eyed us in suspicion.

"Hmm I don't think they get 'folks' like us." Scythe said as he mocked how he would think humble people like themselves would speak.

"Be nice Scythe these are peaceful people." I told him as I knew he was always the vigilant one out of the two of us.

"Hmmph we'll see." Scythe said in his usual pessimistic droid attitude.

"Looks like the bar is just up ahead." Luna said as we followd the signs throughout the town. As we made our way to the place we stopped at the entrance of establishment as we read a sign at the door.

"No Droids...." Scythe read out aloud to us. I just padded him on the shoulder as this was usually a common thing for us sadly whenever we traveled planet side.

"It's alright Scythe we shouldn't be here long." I told him as me and Luna entered the bar leaving Scythe behind. As we entered the place the bar was more rowdy then outside in town, probably because this was where people went to blow off steam.

A few more towns people stared at me once Luna and I entered the place. I watched around us once we started walking to the bar.

"I'll ask around, Davin." Luna told me as she started going around the bar looking for her contact. I settled with keeping over watch for her as I went to the bar and kept an eye on her.

"One shot of Spotchka please." I said the bar tender as I placed a credit on the counter. The man came up to me and poured me a drink as he collected his credit.

"Thanks...." I said to him. I took the drink, but before drinking it I still felt the eyes of a trio of men staring at me from the corner of the room. I didn't look their way so I didn't draw more of their suspicion.

So instead I removed my helmet to show them I wasn't threat. Their gazes started to softened a bit as anyone who knew of Mandalorians know that if we take off our helmets it meant we didn't intend to cause trouble.

So I drank my spotchka and kept my composure as Luna continued with her work. Unfortunately though I saw she was at a loss, and couldn't find the person she was looking for. She stopped her search and came back to where I was.

"No luck?" I asked her as she leaned against the bar next to me.

"Nothing, and it's weird though it's like no one here knows anything outside of this system. Like their oblivious to all the fighting going on outside." Luna told me as she held her hand up to bar tender.

"I'll have what he's having." She told the bartender as he just looked at me and poured a glass for her as well. As Luna was occupied drinking her drink, I noticed a figure that caught my eye. I turned to look at the person and could barely make out a hooded man watching us.

He was standing up against the wall watching us like a hawk. His presence was strange one as people walked by him as if he wasn't even there. But for some reason I noticed him and I thought telling Luna about him would have been some help, but also the thought of him being something worse crossed my mind.

"Hey Luna look at this guy...." I told her as I turned just for a second to let her know. But as we turned around to look at him the man was gone.

"What guy???" Luna asked confused. Ethier my drink was to strong or I was going crazy but he just disappeared.

"There was some one there watching us. But now he's gone." I told her also confused but also concerned by what has just happened. My first instinct was to slowly put my hand on my blaster as I felt something was up. But I didn't know what it was just yet, despite the strangers disappearance I still had the feeling of eyes locked onto me.

End of the chapter