Ch-6: New Member

Author's POV

Davin, Luna and Scythe took up positions where they all could maximize their effectiveness when luring in the stormtroopers. The troopers, slowly funneled in as expected, due to the thick vegetation.

This forced the platoon to only be as wide as 3 men as they scanned the area for their probe droid they sent out. Davin halted his group until they came almost 10 feet away from them before giving the signal.

"Now!!!" Davin shouted as he bursted out of cover to shoot the closest stormtrooper. This cause Scythe to as well as he started doing the same, Luna as well with their initial attack they wiped out whole group until reinforcements came and started pushing the trio back.

"Fall back!!!" Davin ordered as he covered the retreat for the two.

"Their retreating open fire!!!" A trooper ordered as his fellow soldiers began sending vollies of blaster bolts to them. Davin saw this and made sure to get their attention as he killed the stormtrooper officer after hearing him say his orders.

This saved Scythe and Luna from taking anymore blaster bolts, but for Davin it meant more came his way. As he tried joining the retreat, he was shot in the arm between his beskar plates. This hindered his left arm from being able to move but he fought on.

Despite the excruciating pain he was now enduring he caught up with Luna and Scythe as the droid lead the way to the speeder bikes.

"Davin are you ok???" Luna asked as she saw he was hurt.

"I'm fine let's just get to the bikes." Davin said as he gritted his teeth in pain. The trio managed to get to the end of the forest line and saw the bikes were still there.

Getting on a bike Scythe took his own ride, while Davin took his with Luna holding onto Davin behind him.

"Alright let's get the heck out of here." Scythe said as they zoomed away. The stormtroopers managed to get to where their bikes were once were, but the bucket heads were to far to shoot them with their blasters accurately.

"Command, we've got three rebels attempting to flee the area. We need air support; they're making a run on speeder bikes," the stormtrooper reported urgently, his voice crisp and professional over the comms. He swiftly requested a TIE fighter to pursue Davin and his crew, conveying the gravity of the situation with a sense of urgency.

"Understood, Captain, sending as requested." An ISD personal replied. Just as the request went in a lone tie fighter came screeching down from the ISD and honed in on the fleeing Davin and his crew.

"Shit!!! TIE Fighter spread out!!!" Davin shouted as the pilot rain down a volley of blaster bolts.

"Whoa !!! That was close!!!" Luna said as she held onto Davin for dear life.

"Almost their, keep on course!!!! Scythe get the ships systems online we need a quick get away now!!!" Davin ordered as his droid friend started sending signals from his his bike to start the Black Arrow's systems.

With the ship insight it seemed the trio was almost home free. But with the TIE pilot still lurking about they knew it would be close. Scythe made it to the ship first just before the fighter pilot dished down a deadly volley of cannon bolts.

"Davin!!!" Scythe shouted as a explosion happened just behind them, tossing the two in the air. As Davin floated in slow motion in the air but managed to hold onto to Luna and shield her from the impact of the fall.

"Gahh!!!!" Davin let out as he came crashing to the ground. But luckily saved Luna from the direct impact, who wasn't hurt as much like Davin who began bleeding from his head.

The blood ran down onto his neck and his armour, which was not good as he was suffering greatly from this. Luna thought quickly and didn't wait for the TIE fighter to get another shot. So she dragged him into the ship as Scythe manned the control.

"Uhhh... we are in ..... Scythe get us ... *cough* out of here." Davin said to Scythe just before losing consciousness. Scythe didn't reply and focused on getting out of the system as he flew the ship as fast as he could in orbit. The ship took a few hits from the tie fighter in pursuit but couldn't break through the shields.

Just as Scythe had a random plotted coordinates to use he punch the hyperdrive so they could finally be in the clear. While this was happening Luna managed to get Davin onto a table where she hurriedly got what medical supplies she could find.

She first slowly took off Davin's helmet revealing his face for the first time to her. Davin was in a bad shape he was bleeding from his head and mouth as he coughed up some blood. Luna gently applied a bacta spray to his wounds and made sure to remove his armour so he wouldn't be uncomfortable.

Leaving him only in his briefs Luna examined Davins body for any possible other wounds besides the blaster bolt he had suffered on his left arm. Luna applied a Bacta patch to his arm as she went over the rest of Davin's body.

As professional and thorough Luna was she noticed Davin did not sustain any other wounds. Luna sighed in relief as she went to make sure Davin was ok. Scythe came rushing in as he was worried for his friend but was suprsied by Luna having already attended to him.

"You already treated him?" Scythe asked in his mechanical tone. Luna look back and gave an reassuring look.

"Yes, I did. He sustained moderate head trauma from the blast but thanfully for his armour it wasn't as bad. I applied a Bacta spray to relieve the bleeding and to reduce swelling." Luna said as she continued cleaning up her mess she caused in her rush to help Davin.

"I also treated his wound on his arm, but it was in a non vital spot. Luckily nothing else was damaged but he will be sidelined for some time." Luna said as she finished cleaning up. Scythe was impressed with Luna's medical expertise and how thorough she was in helping him.

Nonetheless Scythe was happy he wasn't the one who had to patch up Davin, but the droid was glad to know his friend was in good hands. After a while Scythe helped Luna transfer Davin to his quarters so he could be more comfortable.

Luna stayed with him while Scythe managed the helm. As Luna turned to leave Davin to rest he felt a hand  gently hold onto her own. Luna turned and saw that Davin was holding her hand as he was sleeping. Luna smiled and just let Davin sleep and stayed with him as he recovered.

End of the chapter