Chapter 47

Yumi, yet again, wished her supernatural strength extended to rabbits.

She knew there were only two reasons she'd been able to drag Jeongguk along when he was unconscious. One, he was oblivious and so wasn't in a position to resist. Two, there were no gravity inducers so he was lightened. Now, in this ship, with him very much awake and very much stubborn and very much overjoyed and excited, they did not apply anymore.

Now, she wasn't sure how to pry him away from his finally awakened friend without pulling a muscle or two.

"Hey." Yumi tried yet again, "We need to see if everything's really fine. Get off him,"

"No," Jeongguk said stubbornly. At least he had the grace to be light on his hug with Taehyung after he'd just woken up, she did not want to deal with cracked ribs.

She was starting to lose her patience now, almost five minutes had passed since she started awake from her mid-day nap by Jeongguk's yell and rushed into the infirmary with her sleep-tousled hair a rat's nest, finding him nearly on top of his dazed friend.

"Hey!" Yumi said irritably, "The guy still looks off his marbles, in case you couldn't tell. We'll let you glue yourself to him later. Now, please..."

Jeongguk reluctantly let go of Taehyung, and Yumi managed to get her first best look at him. The hooded eyes-- previously closed as if dead-- were now open and filled with life--if she could call it life. But... he was awake. The antidote had worked as far as she knew. She let out a soft breath she had been holding, relief and victory flushing up her like a tidal wave.

His golden eyes were slow to blink and take the situations soon but soon began to dart continuously along the ceiling, the windows, the bed he was still paralyzed in, the other room members... There was the sound of shuddering breath, and he opened his mouth. He was obviously trying to speak.

Yumi gently pushed against Jimin, who was lying dramatically on the floor after failing to bodily pull Jeongguk from the bed, completely exhausted. "I don't think you should try that again,"

"That easily?" He groaned. "I thought the guy wouldn't budge if a truck hit him,"

"Hey, Taehyung?" Hara tried now, "Do you know where you are?"

Taehyung's eyes widened as his gaze fell on her, then at the others standing behind her. He opened his mouth again, only to close it after managing to let out a few strangled sounds.

Before they knew it, he passed out again.

_________

He woke up again only two days later.

"Thank Pluto!" Jeongguk said in a hushed voice as the crew leaned over him again, "I thought you passed out because I accidentally crushed your bones or something!"

Taehyung only blinked. Jeongguk dashed away and came back with a glass of water. Hara managed to get a few drops down his throat as the humans looked on tiredly.

"Ah--" he choked, beginning to cough. Yumi took the chance to observe him, for any strange signs he might show from his poison endeavour. A slight colour reached his skin now, so he did not look corpse pale anymore. His eyes were not bloodshot, if not a bit moist. She discreetly pinched herself in the arm, trying to make sure this was not a dream.

"Wh--where--"

"You are in the infirmary." Hara offered, "Do you know why you're here?"

He blinked blindly, obviously looking through his memory. It did not seem to work as he held up one shaking hand to his head. "W-Why...?"