The Dark Lady missed the Alpha something fierce. Unfortunately, she had been the one to kick him out and tell him he needed to attend to the stuff he'd ignored in his territory before he could come back.

Why did she have to be so responsible? 

"My Lady, I've been drawn to you since the moment I saw you," said the knight kneeling before her. (She had not asked him to kneel.) "Please, I beg of you, give me a chance to prove myself!"

"...And what would this 'chance' look like?" she asked warily. He was dressed like a knight, but if this was some courtship thing...

"Please allow me the honor of being one of your knights!"

Oh, thank the stars...

But still, that was something she had never heard before. She should warn him: "Have you spoken to my knights? None would call it an honor."

"Your modesty is unfathomable and noble, My Lady."

Good grief. A flowery one, wasn't he...

She was torn between booting him out for his own sake (her knights really didn't like her, and if he meant this, he was going to be bullied and torn apart for sure) or letting him have what he wanted simply to see how far his flowery confidence would take him.

Still, she had a list of other appointments to keep after him.

"Fidelle, could you take him inside and explain things to him?"

"Nothing would change my mind, My Lady! I beg you to give me but one chance -" 

"And if he still wants to join," she interrupted, "take him for the knights' entrance tests."

"I will not disappoint you, My Lady!"

Fidelle, efficient as always, promptly stepped in front of the knight, cut off the long-winded enthusiastic greeting he started on with her, and escorted him out. 

The Dark Lady sighed, signaling for the next appointment to be let in.