4

After Chabashira's cruel remarks, a heavy cloud of somberness settled over class 1-D, casting a shadow over the remaining lessons for the day. The realization that they wouldn't get any points for the month loomed large, dampening the students' spirits.

As the day progressed, all eyes fixed on Chabashira, hanging onto her every word during the remaining classes. However, just before the second to last class concluded, she announced an upcoming swim class, sparking a mix of excitement and, for some, less savory thoughts, particularly among the boys.

Once Chabashira finished her announcement, she soon left the classroom, and the students eagerly began leaving for the swim class. The scraping of chairs against desks filled the room as they pushed their seats in, eager to go.

                But a nervous energy still hung in the air in the now empty classroom where one lone figure  —[Name]—was sitting in her seat still. Her heart raced, thumping in her chest like a jackhammer, and her breath came in rapid bursts. Just as she felt she might unravel completely, a knock on her desk jolted her back to reality.

Looking up, [Name] found herself meeting Chabashira's gaze, the teacher's expression unreadable. After a tense moment of silence, Chabashira broke it with a simple offer: "Feel free to sit out, [Name]."

Her hands clenched tightly in her lap, trembling with nerves, [Name] hesitated before finally nodding. "O-Okay..." she stammered, her voice barely above a whisper.

The air is filled with the lively sound of splashing water, and the pool's clear, shimmering surface reflects the students' excitement as they frolicked about

Amidst the splashes, conversations buzzed, groups of girls exchanging playful banter as they enjoyed their time in the water.

"Hey, watch it!"

"Oops, sorry!"

"Isn't this fun?"

"Now you've done it!"

Laughter followed as the girls resumed their playful antics.

While most of the class reveled in the pool, a few students sat on the sidelines, perched on the bleachers. Among them was [Name], seemingly engrossed in her phone. To her classmates, it might have seemed like she was scrolling on her phone, but she was repeatedly checking the clock app, silently hoping the class would end soon.

Despite the relief of being excused from the swim classes, [Name] couldn't shake the twinge of apprehension that lingered beneath her surface. The prospect of exposing it to the scrutiny of her peers was daunting, a secret anxiety she carried beneath her exterior.
Her decision to sit out was a relief and a reminder of the invisible barriers she erected to shield herself from prying eyes.