1

+ Beep. Beep. Beep. +

"Do you comprehend the gravity of this situation, ____?"

"I do."

Eyes gravitate towards a young girl sleeping in a dark hospital room, her breath shallow and measured, encircled by vigilant nurses.

"I regret to inform you, ____; such actions are prohibited, unless you're a registered donor or facing death."

"What?" The retort is immediate, pupils dilating in disbelief.

A sigh escapes before the voice resumes, "You're still young... you still have al- "

"No! Your wrong! I have nothing left to live for!" Tears gather, cascading onto the unfeeling cold floor. "But she does...!"

"So please, allow me to do it! Please... She's only in that bed because of me...!"

The room echoes with sobs where the girl lies.

An older gaze locks onto ____, knuckles whitening with tension. "I'm sorry... I cannot grant that request."

Then, the aged eyes pivot towards the young girl in the hospital bed before addressing once more.

"You truly are blessed, aren't you, [Name]?"

+ THUMP +

Startled by a sudden thump, a pair of eyes quickly shoot open on the metro. As the metro rocks and rumbles along the tracks, eyes gradually adjust to the surroundings, signaling the awakening of a girl from her sleep. She soon gazes out of the window at the passing sea.

In the early morning, the sun is just beginning to rise over the sea, casting a warm glow. The air is fresh and invigorating, and the sun's rays paint the sea in vibrant hues.

A heart quickens its pace, matching the girl's awareness of waking up to the picturesque scene outside.

The girl soon shifts her gaze away from the window, returning her attention to the empty metro car she occupies. Surveying her surroundings, she notices the conspicuous absence of any other passengers, leaving her alone in the carriage. A perplexed expression creases her brow as she puzzles over the unusual solitude.

As she moves slightly from her seat, a subtle sensation brushes against her fingertips. Startled, she glances downward and discovers a piece of paper lying beside her. Its surface adorned with writing, the paper holds her curiosity captive, beckoning her to unravel its mysterious message.