His Thoughts

Kiyotaka Ayanokouji.

That's the name I was given when I first opened my eyes to this world, surrounded by nothing but white—white walls, white floors, white ceiling—a stark environment devoid of warmth or comfort.

I still remember everything from those early days, but the presence of that color is what stands out the most.

I soon learned that place was called the White Room.

And I soon learned that crying was futile. No one came to my aid or comforted me, so I stopped. Emotions held little value in that place, and I understood that well at just two years old.

By the time I was four, I was already displaying an uncanny grasp of languages and a keen intellect. Rigorous testing became a regular part of my existence, from Japanese scripts to mathematics. Judo became my arena, where victory was the norm, defeat a rare occurrence.

My life was disciplined, and every aspect was meticulously controlled. Meals were strictly nutritional, devoid of personal preference. Academic pursuits dominated my days until 5 pm, with brief breaks.

At nine years old, I surpassed every instructor, even facing off against aggressive adults in battles designed to test my skills. I was deemed the "Perfect Human" by the instructors of the White Room, the only reality I had ever known.

Then, unexpectedly, the White Room closed its doors for a year, and I found myself thrust into the outside world for the first time in fourteen years.

But that also meant I started living with a man who claimed the title of my father. It wasn't long before I crossed paths with Matsuo, the butler serving under his command. Matsuo swiftly emerged as a crucial presence in the unfolding narrative of my life. He revealed to me the existence of ANHS, extending an invitation to escape the confines of the White Room and venture into the vast unknown, beckoning with the promise of exploration beyond its sterile walls.

So I took his words and escaped. But in all honesty...

Curiosity drove me to ANHS, fueled by the tantalizing promise of experiencing the society that man had rejected. So, on the first day, the bus carried me toward this new chapter of my life, a question lingered in my mind: "Is everyone equal?" It was a notion I had yet to explore that simmered beneath the surface of my consciousness.

As days turned into weeks at ANHS, I immersed myself in a sea of new experiences and encounters, each challenging the boundaries of my understanding.

But amidst it all, a simple encounter in a study group left me puzzled and intrigued.

Horikita, a classmate I'd only recently acquainted with, lured me into joining her study group by treating me to lunch.

So I was sitting in the library with Horikita, reviewing class materials, when a girl timidly approached our table. Her nervous expression suggested that she was likely uneasy about meeting us.

"Um, hi. I'm here for the study group..." she stammered, her voice revealing nervousness.

I believe her name is [Name], and she is the girl sitting in front of me in class. Not that it matters much, though. I doubt she even realizes it.