// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 //

hiraeth - part seventy-eight

warning: body horror, gore, major character death

»»——⍟——««

       Streaks of bright blue energy sunk into Y/n's arms as the energy of the Spirit Sword filled her. The sword shattered in a burst of light, blinding both Trunks and Zamasu. But everything suddenly felt so clear to Y/n, clarity hitting her hard. All of her faded memories, everything she had been fighting for, all of the fighting and death, it all crashed down on her all at once, and she exploded in a burst of power, a burst of flames.

The liquid energy that had once drowned her now burned brightly, letting go of everything that had held her down for so long. Hair that once stood as a Saiyan now stood as its own unique form, made of pure flames, burning brighter than any aura. Her tears disappeared as she opened her eyes, dark orange eyes glaring down Trunks, who could only stare in pure fear. Now, Y/n was neither human, nor Saiyan. She had control over what she wanted to be, and now, she wanted to be the strongest.

Her energy exploded, knocking back Trunks, the man skidding across the ground, stopping before the others. Goku stared in awe at the sight of Y/n's newest form, the highest peak they'd seen. Goku could not help the passing thought that it was the most beautiful form he'd ever seen.

Holding up her palm, Y/n stabbed a ki blade through her palm, before ripping free her own version of the ki scythe, made of pure flames. Taking a step forward, Y/n was suddenly right before them, her ki scythe swinging brightly.

"Get back!" Goku shouted, grabbing Trunks and throwing him to the side. Goku grabbed the bar of the scythe, the flames burning his hand, but he didn't dare flinch. His eyes went wide as Y/n swung the scythe, pulling Goku with it and throwing him into the air.

Gohan and Vegeta attempted to jump Y/n, however each were met with an abrupt stop, Gohan receiving the blunt side of the scythe to his gut, her boot to Vegeta's stomach. Throwing them both to the side, Y/n pointed the edge of her scythe to the rotten dirt.

"I'm so tired of fighting. If I can't be happy, then nobody can!" Y/n yelled. Lifting up her scythe, she brought it down onto the planet, the ground cracking. Bright orange energy seeped into the planet, cracks glowing with her energy as the ground shifted. And then, with a sudden burst, everything exploded.

Y/n huffed, her chest heaving as she stood amidst the debris, hidden between the shards of ground that had been pushed up in the quake. Her hair flickered wildly behind her, eyes flashing brightly as she struggled to hold onto her adrenaline, knowing she would likely collapse as soon as her energy faded.

The sound of rocks popping as footsteps walked upon them caught her attention, her gaze snapping in the direction of the approaching sound. Her orange eyes, glowing nearly ominously in the dampened light, landed on Zamasu as he hesitantly approached, an arm reached out to her, as if worried.

"Y/n?" He called out. The sound of her name falling from his lips made her still, her hesitation causing her form to dissipate. The light in her eyes flickered, disappearing, causing her eyes to droop as weariness overcame her. The flames of her form fell, turning into the same liquid substance from before, pouring down her at an accelerated rate.

Y/n could feel the weight of her body suddenly crushing her, demanding her to lay down. She would have crumpled to the ground, had Zamasu not seen the exhaustion take her over. He was immediately at her side, allowing her to lean into him for support, her energy splotching all over him. It felt cold, dead against him.