Sad 🎭

☀️= Dogday POV
🌕= Catnap POV

☀️-

I stretch my body, as the light beams into the living room. The sleepover was so fun, we played games outside and inside, and we did so much stuff! I wish that's how everyday was, but my friends wouldn't like that as much as I would. I get up, and walk into the kitchen, taking in the Orange-Vanilla like smell that my house produces. It's smells like what a Orange Creamsicle tastes like, if that makes any sense.

I begin to make some toast for myself, and take in the burnt bread smell. I love all these different smells, it's so good. I then hear someone entering the kitchen, which obviously forces me to look over. None other than Catnap walks in, looking confused and scared for some reason. "You alright?" I ask him, and he doesn't respond, taking a small glance at me and then sitting at the table, putting his head down.

He seems to be... Upset about something, or he's sad about something... I don't know. I go up to him to find out what's the matter. I pat his back, and he flinches, sort of whacking my hand away, before making a face that says "sorry."

"It's fine... You just... Look down right now, seriously, are you okay?" I ask him, and he nods, and I nod back before walking back into the kitchen and pour him a bowl of cereal. I lay it out in front of him, and smile as I do. "Here, eat something. I haven't seen you eat for a while." I say, and he shrugs before slightly stirring his spoon in the bowl.

I look at him for a second, walking off to the living room, bringing along a pan and one of those large spoons. I bang the spoon against the pan, forcing everyone awake. "Wake up and get the hell up before I'mma pour water on all of ya." I say, walking around the room before going back into the kitchen, listening to the complaints as I do.

Kickin' walks in, "What the fuck, man? What was that for?" He asks, "Y'all's lazy asses wouldn't get up, so I did the favor for you." I say, as I hand him a bowl of cereal. "Dude, whatever." He says, and sits down at the counter, a bit away from Catnap for what seems like he did it on purpose.

I look at Kickin' hastily, and decide to sit next to Catnap, and read a book that I have been reading these last couple of days. I feel him take a glance at me, but I ignore it and keep looking down at the book held in my hands.

Eventually, everyone left except for Catnap, who fell asleep again but this time on the table, with his head down. I don't bug him and let him get as much rest as he needs. I don't know what it is with him, but it's just like he's much more fragile, and you need to be a lot more fragile with him. He's a sensitive guy, and he's really been... Depressed, I guess. Lately he has been, it happens to the best of us.

I turn on the TV, and watch some news, and later switch the channel to some sports reports and crap. {Hey, I noticed Sports Reports rhymes}

I hear some heavy breathing, and what sounds like sobbing coming from the kitchen. I walk back into the kitchen to investigate whatever the noise was. I look over at the table, and see Catnap putting his hands up to his eyes, and appears to be crying. "Hey, Catnap... It's okay, you're okay..." I say, as I grab him and hug him, slowly taking him over to the couch, sitting him down comfortably as I can. "Y'know, you don't have to talk, or tell me why you're sad... But please express it to me. I needa know, so I could help you. If not, then just... stay here, long as you want, I can deal with it. I have before, like when Kickin' stayed for four days straight because he got kicked out of his house by Hoppy, somehow." I say, chuckling at the thought of the chronicle. 

He looks up at me, and look back down, laying down as he stares at the ceiling. "Well, I'll leave you to it. Tell me if you need anything... Well, if you feel like telling me." I say, patting his shoulder before I was outside, deciding I should go for a small walk. I trust Catnap with my house, and if anything goes wrong with leaving him there, then I won't ever again. But, I really do trust him, I have, since he's quiet and keeps to himself most of the time. I've only ever been in his house once in my life, and it's very, and I mean very clean. I start jogging, deciding I should get some exercise in. I know I get plenty of it, but it's fun to work out and exercise, at least for me. It's a hobby, and I don't have to force myself to do it. It's natural.

I take at least forty-five minutes, and walk into my house, looking around at the furniture to make sure everything is the way it was originally. I look into the living room, and just see Catnap watching TV, with his head leaning against his fist. "Hey man, everything go alright?" I ask him, and he shrugs, and then nods. "Well, that's good." I say, trying hard not to make this super awkward. I sit down on the couch next to him, and he doesn't move, but takes multiple glances at me before just minding his own business. We watch TV for a minute, and I see Catnap seem to get more comfortable as the time passes. "Will you tell me now, why were you sad earlier...?" I ask him, and he looks at me, and grins, as a sign of saying "I'm fine now." I look at him, and nod, "So, no reason? Just a wave of sadness that hit you?" I ask him, and he nods. "Alright, well... You can stay here if you want, I don't care what you do, as long as you don't mess the house up." I say, "Nah, I'm kidding, I'm a quick cleaner, as you can see all the blankets are gone because I guess no one thought to bring one." I giggle, and he nods, smiling only slightly. "Well then, I'mma go read my book. You can go... wherever, but not the attic, a bunch of neat stuff up there I don't want being touched." I say, pointing at him as I walk backward into my room, and then correcting my direction and sitting on my bed.

1129 words

-------------------

Hey there! It's me, and as I said, here's a new fanfic! I hope you all enjoyed the first part, and the next will either come out tomorrow, or the 23rd. Well, I love you all, and as always, see you next chapter! ❤️❤️