Coincidental Heartbeat 💓

☀️

I let Catnap inside, and he has this look on his face that I really can't read. I ignore it. "So, where are you gonna sleep?" I ask him, and he looks around, clearly embarrassed by something.

"Everything alright? You're acting funny." I giggle at his reaction, and he just smirks and points to the couch.

"Well, alright, you can sleep wherever you want as long as I approve of it." I smile and he gives me a thumbs up before exhaling deeply.

"You sure you're fine? You have asthma or something?" I ask him, and he shakes his head, assuring that he is completely fine. "Well, alright, tell me when you need anything." I go up to him and pat his shoulder.

He nods, acknowledging my comment.

"Well, first, let me help you set up a comfy setup." I say and open up a drawer from underneath the couch which contains blankets and pillows usually for guests such as Catnap, or sleepovers. I grab a thick blanket, and a fluffy pillow. They're probably the comfiest things in there, and I want Catnap to a comfy... Since he seems like he isn't at his highest lately. "Here, lay down on the couch and let me get your set up." I explain, and he nods as I instruct him. 

He lays down after I put a pillow down, and I lay the blanket over him. I see his face turn a certain shade of red, but I decide to ignore it and come to the conclusion, "Is the blanket too thick? I could get a different one if you'd like." He waves me off, signaling that I'm fine and It's alright. "Well, okay." I speak.

I walk away, and I have this feeling in my chest that seems to tightly pack everything in my body together. "Ow." I quietly say, this feeling makes my heart burn, but in a good way. Whenever I come in contact with that cat, it seems that the mood suddenly changes and everything turns into one little movie scene, where two characters are just holding hands and looking into the sunset-

What am I doing? I think to myself as I roughly shake my head and look around my kitchen. That was, weird. My imagination got to me on that one. I feel my chest and my heartbeat feels like it's in a Nascar race, speeding past everyone else just to get to a certain something. I ponder on what that certain something may be, and I shake my head once again to get the thought out of my brain. My body is playing something on me now, hinting me toward a conclusion of which I desire oh so badly. I hold my hand up to my face, and it seems like it points my eyes in the direction of the couch in the living room, where I hear small purrs coming from. This is certainly an odd experience. My body is really directing me in directions in which I wish to go but I'm scared of what may happen on the other side. I just shake my head for the third and final time and walk to my room. My mind is cursing at me for not following its instructions, but I just ignore it and jump into my bed. Why wouldn't you listen, you know you want it, my own mind plays back in my brain, and I just shift in bed, trying my best to not listen to any of the comments.

They finally get to me. "You know I want what?" I whisper and ask my mind, and it ponders for a second before answering me. "Love, a real life. Him." It laughs. Am I tripping? I feel like I am, because I don't think any being is supposed to communicate with its own voice in their head. Unless your part of one of those villain arcs in those movies where a voice sneaks into their head and tells them what and what not to do. 

This feels like a coincidental heartbeat, the way it is aching my way toward the way I want to go. That's a lot of ways, and in reality, there is only one way. And you have to start off slow, taking each step as a baby step. Left foot goes in front of the other, I always remember being taught that by someone I can't grasp the name of. They weren't a parent; I was really raised by people in an adoption center. I guess my parents didn't see something that they wanted to see. I never really cared though because of the simple words of care, and fun. I never saw anything in people I wanted to judge, so I really just helped people and stuck to myself. That is how the world should be, but it is simply not the reality of things.

I tuck my head into my blanket, and sniff the vanilla smell, and eventually end up drifting off to sleep.

***

I wake up in the morning to be met with the beaming sunlight shining through the window. I yawn as I stretch my arms, and walk out of my room, remembering that I had a guest over. And then I remember the whole scene of last night, my mind telling me what I want. I guess I really am part of one of those movies. I giggle at the thought, and I thought that last night was a whole dream. Until... I look into the living room and see a cat getting off of the couch and stretching their muscles in the same fashion as I did. It's Catnap. "Well, hello there, good morning." I attempt to strike up a conversation, which will probably be used with voice and hand movement. 

He waves at me and asks with a cocked eyebrow if he could get something from my pantry.

"Go for it, I have plenty." I smile, and he opens the door in response. I look as he searches through various things before deciding to pull out a cereal box. I nod and look away as he goes over to my table, over to the fridge and pulls out some milk. I open my drawer and hand him a spoon. He smiles in appreciation and goes over to the table and pulls out a chair to sit down. 

I take the cereal box and pour some for myself and take a seat next to Catnap. "So, what're you planning?" I ask him, really not knowing what to say. He looks at the clock and shrugs, and I nod, starting to feel that certain feeling once again. We converse here and there before we both finish our cereal.

"Well, Catnap, see you later." I say, and he nods. I go up to him and give him a hug with a pat on the back. He slowly hugs back, and I smile at the relief of the finally well-deserved hug we both probably needed. "Alright, see you." I say, and his face is a pinkish color, and he goes out of the doorway and closes the door, and I smile to myself. Well, I needed that, and so did you guys who are reading this book.

{Alright, I'm stopping there, Dogday, fuck you}

1207 words

------------------

Heya there! If you didn't see my conversation on my profile, I said that I am CONSIDERING making a fifth book of Solar Eclipse after this one. I am happy to do so, but as well as questioning if I should or not. I feel like a left you all on a cliff hanger, but at the same time feel like that was a good way to wrap up the series. Anyway, if the majority of you all want a fifth book, I'll most likely make one! And as always, see you next chapter! ❤️❤️